|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Tess take the statue of Shiva?
(a) Tess is not superstitious.
(b) Tess says Sara needs it more than she does.
(c) Tess is Catholic.
(d) Tess's boyfriend would disapprove.
2. How do the main players in this scene go into dinner at the conclusion of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Carrying candles.
(d) In silence.
3. What is happening globally on the night of Sara's party in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Israel has declared war on Egypt.
(b) The Soviet Union is falling.
(c) The Berlin Wall has fallen.
(d) Protests are being held in Hong Kong.
4. What is Nick's reaction to the global situation?
(a) He does not appear to care.
(b) He wants to write a check to help the cause.
(c) He passionately shouts that they must do something.
(d) He gets teary-eyed.
5. In preparation for the Sabbath ceremony, what does Gorgeous do?
(a) She kneels down.
(b) She covers her head.
(c) She removes her jewelry.
(d) She makes a sign of the cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merv do as a profession?
2. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
3. What does Gorgeous say Sara has become?
4. What does Merv arrive at the door with?
5. When Pfeni first arrives, she is late. Who or what does she blame that on?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)