|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara do as a profession?
(a) She manages a bank.
(b) She sells real estate in London.
(c) She is a researcher.
(d) She works as a consultant.
2. How does Sara deflect conversation about social conditions?
(a) She talks about Jewish food.
(b) She talks about Hong Kong.
(c) She talks about her latest shopping spree.
(d) She talks about her relationship with Geoffrey.
3. What does Gorgeous say about Geoffrey's friends when she first encounters Merv?
(a) She says they all like musical theater.
(b) She says they all find her attractive.
(c) She says they are all boorish.
(d) She says they are all Jewish.
4. What is Tess listening to when Pfeni arrives?
(a) British punk music.
(b) A recording of a women's chorus her mother used to sing with as a young woman.
(c) A song with deep personal meaning to her.
(d) A book on tape.
5. What does Gorgeous encourage Sara to do as the two sister discuss Sara's surgery and subsequent events in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) See a psychiatrist.
(b) Talk about her feelings.
(c) Return to America.
(d) Travel to India with Pfeni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What childhood game do Pfeni and Sara play?
2. How do Merv and Geoffrey know each other?
3. Whose birthday is to be celebrated?
4. What does Sara think of Tess's project?
5. Who are Tom and Tess arguing with at the opening of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)