|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say about Sara after their exchange about the ceremony?
(a) She says Sara misspoke some of the words during the ceremony.
(b) She says Sara should lead the ceremony next time.
(c) She says Sara is a shining example of a faithful Jew.
(d) She says Sara is a hard woman.
2. What question does Merv pose about his wife's death during Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) Was it preventable?
(b) Was it a sign of God's wrath?
(c) Was it fair?
(d) Was it inevitable?
3. What does Gorgeous encourage Sara to do as the two sister discuss Sara's surgery and subsequent events in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Return to America.
(b) Travel to India with Pfeni.
(c) See a psychiatrist.
(d) Talk about her feelings.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, after their night together, who does Sara say would be a better match for Merv?
5. How does Merv respond to Sara regarding her assessment of their compatibility the morning after their night together?
(a) He says she thinks he needs someone much more like his wife.
(b) He says she feels he needs someone more Jewish, more American, and more outspoken.
(c) He says she thinks he needs a meek woman.
(d) He says she feels he needs a woman willing to cater to his needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gorgeous say about their father?
2. What does Sara do when Pfeni takes her hand in Act 2, Scene 1, the morning after the party?
3. How does Sara feel about the Sabbath ceremony?
4. Which of these is a personality trait of Gorgeous as exhibited in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Gorgeous say about her current situation in London?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)