1. What is Tess listening to when Pfeni arrives?
(a) British punk music.
(b) A song with deep personal meaning to her.
(c) A recording of a women's chorus her mother used to sing with as a young woman.
(d) A book on tape.
2. What is Tess's school project?
(a) A series of essays on revolutionaries.
(b) A science fair experiment.
(c) A biography of a famous feminist.
(d) A biography of her mother's early years.
3. Why won't Sara allow Tess to move to the United States?
(a) She instead plans to move them both to Australia.
(b) She has a fear of flying.
(c) She says American universities are declining.
(d) She wants Tess to go to Paris.
4. When Pfeni first arrives, she is late. Who or what does she blame that on?
(a) A broken watch.
(b) A late train.
(c) An Indian taxi driver.
(d) She was distracted by a shopping expedition.
5. Why doesn't Tess want Nick to come to dinner?
(a) Nick has poor table manners.
(b) Tess thinks Nick is secretly in love with her.
(c) Nick is not a vegetarian.
(d) Tess dislikes Nick's capitalist values.
This section contains 5,869 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)