Act 1, Scene 1
1. What is Tess listening to when Pfeni arrives?
(a) A song with deep personal meaning to her.
(b) British punk music.
(c) A book on tape.
(d) A recording of a women's chorus her mother used to sing with as a young woman.
2. What is Tess's school project?
(a) A science fair experiment.
(b) A biography of her mother's early years.
(c) A series of essays on revolutionaries.
(d) A biography of a famous feminist.
3. Why won't Sara allow Tess to move to the United States?
(a) She says American universities are declining.
(b) She wants Tess to go to Paris.
(c) She has a fear of flying.
(d) She instead plans to move them both to Australia.
4. When Pfeni first arrives, she is late. Who or what does she blame that on?
(a) She was distracted by a shopping expedition.
(b) An Indian taxi driver.
(c) A broken watch.
(d) A late train.
5. Why doesn't Tess want Nick to come to dinner?
(a) Tess dislikes Nick's capitalist values.
(b) Nick is not a vegetarian.
(c) Tess thinks Nick is secretly in love with her.
(d) Nick has poor table manners.
This section contains 5,869 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)