What is the nature of the relationships between mothers and daughters? Though the three sisters' mother, Rita, is unseen in this play, enough hints and revelations are offered that we know a bit about her and her relationship with Pfeni, Gorgeous, and Sara. In addition, Sara and Tess have a relationship very much present in the play.
1) Offer a statement about the relationship between mothers and daughters as depicted in this play.
2) Using the sisters and Tess and Sara, offer evidence for this view of the nature of mothers and daughters.
How are the various characters' identities as Jews important to them?
1) Discuss why someone might turn their back on their identity.
2) Through three characters, show how they either identify or do not identify as Jewish persons.
3) Explore, through your own opinion, whether or not it is important to hold onto your roots.
Discuss the character of Gorgeous...
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)