* In London, seventeen-year-old Tess is listening to a recording of her mother singing when she was young. This is for a school project.
* Her eccentric Aunt Pfeni arrives with her belongings in shopping bags.
* Her aunt offers her Shiva, an Indian statue of rebirth and destruction.
* Tess says her mother needs it more.
* Tess's mother Sara enters and is critical of Pfeni's writing career.
* Tonight is Sara's birthday.
* Tess wants to invite her boyfriend.
* Tess and her boyfriend are into revolutionary politics.
* Tess leaves to go meet her boyfriend.
* Sara and her sister Pfeni argue about the past.
* Pfeni recalls their days in New York fondly.
* Sara is critical of her daughter, and of the idea that anything having to do with her past could be relevant (Tess's school project).
* Pfeni and her sister Sara play a childhood clapping game.
* Pfeni's boyfriend Geoffrey arrives and joins...
This section contains 1,484 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)