|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hurstwood decide to take Carrie after hearing back from the resort in Chicago?
(a) New York.
2. How does Hurstwood feel about the angry strikers at the trolley station?
3. What does Hurstwood discourage Carrie from doing after they are married and in a new apartment?
(a) Finding work.
(b) Leaving the apartment.
(c) Contacting Drouet.
(d) Buying clothes.
4. What does Carrie do with the extra money she gets from the raise at her first job in New York?
(a) Pays some debts.
(b) Goes to dinner with her friends.
(c) Buys shoes.
(d) Gives it to Hurstwood.
5. How does Hurstwood find out about some job openings after a man comes to his flat demanding money?
(a) In the newspaper.
(b) From his old partner.
(c) From Carrie.
(d) From a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rekindles a friendship with Carrie after she finds great success on stage?
2. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with the extra money he starts getting from his new job in New York?
3. How does Hurstwood get by after being released from the hospital?
4. Why does Hurstwood stop coming home from dinner after a few months of married life?
5. What causes Carrie to change her mind about turning down an invitation to a party at Mrs. Vance's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Carrie not get to spend any of Hurstwood's extra money on new clothing for herself?
2. How does Hurstwood expect to be able to afford his rent and food after Carrie finds her first job in New York?
3. How does Hurstwood respond to the news of Carrie's theatrical success?
4. What condition does Hurstwood find himself in after he is released from the hospital after months of sickness?
5. What does Carrie realize as she talks with some of her friends from her first job in New York?
6. Why is so surprising about the marriage proposals Carrie receives in the mail after she finds success on stage?
7. While looking for an acting job in New York, what does Carrie learn she must have in order to succeed?
8. What does Hurstwood find awaiting him when he tries to get a job as a trolley driver?
9. What happens when Carrie is given a silent role in a play?
10. What causes Carrie to change her mind about turning down the invitation to a party being held by Mrs. Vance?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)