|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hurstwood get upset about when she is at dinner one night with her family?
(a) Her husband does not notice her new hair style.
(b) Her husband was seen with Carrie.
(c) Her husband went to the theater without her.
(d) Her husband did not get an expected raise.
2. How does Hurstwood get Carrie to come with him after receiving the letter telling him that their relationship is over?
(a) He promises to take her to New York.
(b) He tells her Drouet is injured.
(c) He shows her his divorce papers.
(d) He showers her with gifts.
3. What does Carrie find has happened in her apartment when she returns from looking for work?
(a) She has been robbed.
(b) She is being evicted.
(c) Drouet has retrieved the rest of his things.
(d) Hurstwood is there waiting.
4. Why does Carrie tell Hurstwood she would have to leave Chicago if she were to leave Drouet?
(a) She would want a new start with a new love.
(b) She would be afraid he would find them.
(c) She would feel too guilty if she saw him on the street.
(d) She would not want to be reminded of him.
5. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drouet do on his business trips that is revolting to Carrie?
2. What does Carrie agree to do for Drouet's new group when approached by Drouet?
3. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
4. When does Hurstwood have to be present at the resort?
5. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unexpected news does Drouet hear from a maid the morning after Carrie's success in the Masons' play?
2. What new feeling does Hurstwood have when he takes Drouet and Carrie to dinner after the play?
3. What comment from a friend gives Mrs. Hurstwood the idea that her husband has not been faithful to her?
4. What job does Carrie decide to take after Drouet moves out of her apartment?
5. What secrets have Carrie and Hurstwood been keeping from each other during their affair?
6. How does Carrie view her relationship with Drouet after she has lived with him for a little while?
7. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood he must do if he wants her to leave Drouet and be with him?
8. What kind of woman does Drouet tell Carrie he would rather be with as their relationship begins to change?
9. Why does Sven retire to bed so early every night?
10. How does Hurstwood treat Drouet when he comes to the resort after his business trip during which Hurstwood's and Carrie's affair began?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)