|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hurstwood tell her husband that she expects from him during his affair?
(a) Financial support.
(c) A divorce.
2. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
(a) He misses the money she brought in.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He is indifferent.
3. Why does Carrie not allow Drouet to walk her to the train platform?
(a) She does not want her sister to see him.
(b) She wants to appear independent.
(c) She is in a hurry.
(d) It would not be proper.
4. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
(a) Buy Drouet lunch.
(b) Buy her niece a coat.
(c) Return it.
(d) Buy a train ticket.
5. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The wholesale district.
(c) A millinery.
(d) The industrial district.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Drouet call Carrie when he is with the group he joins during Carrie's affair with Hurstwood?
2. What does Mrs. Hurstwood ask her husband to get for her shortly after his affair with Carrie begins?
3. What does Mrs. Hurstwood get upset about when she is at dinner one night with her family?
4. Why does Hurstwood worry that Carrie will not run away with him now?
5. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hurstwood react when Drouet tells him about the play being put on by his group?
2. What job does Carrie decide to take after Drouet moves out of her apartment?
3. Where is Carrie told to look for a job after being turned down twice on her first day of searching for employment in Chicago?
4. What does Hurstwood tell his friends to expect from the play put on by the Masons?
5. What kind of woman does Drouet tell Carrie he would rather be with as their relationship begins to change?
6. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood he must do if he wants her to leave Drouet and be with him?
7. What does Drouet offer Carrie when he sees her on the street a few weeks after first meeting her on the train?
8. Why was Carrie offered a job at a department store during the slow season?
9. What does Hurstwood receive in the mail that lets him know his life is about to change dramatically?
10. What does Hurstwood do when he visits Carrie and sees her depressed?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)