|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie do with Mrs. Hale that makes her very depressed?
(a) Sees Drouet at dinner with another woman.
(b) Speaks about all the things they wish they had.
(c) Goes to a very sad play.
(d) Goes on a carriage ride through a luxurious area of town.
2. What does Carrie plan to do with her salary when she does find a job?
(a) Pay her rent.
(b) Save it in a bank.
(c) Spend it on clothes.
(d) Send it home to her family.
3. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
(a) The wholesale district.
(b) A millinery.
(c) The industrial district.
(d) The railroad.
4. What does Carrie agree to do for Drouet's new group when approached by Drouet?
(a) Hang up signs.
(b) Act in a play.
(c) Hold a raffle at a meeting.
(d) Attend a fancy ball.
5. What does Hurstwood find his wife has done when he returns to his house to talk with her the day after he stormed out?
(a) Filed for divorce.
(b) Put the house up for sale.
(c) Changed the locks.
(d) Gone on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie decide she must do in case Drouet does not choose to come back to her?
2. What does Drouet start doing that changes the way Carrie feels about him?
3. What worries Hurstwood the most as he waits for a response from his wife after being locked out of his house?
4. What does Hurstwood do when Carrie suspects Hurstwood's motives for getting her on the train?
5. What allows Carrie to do so well after the third act of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carrie view her relationship with Drouet after she has lived with him for a little while?
2. What does Hurstwood continually ask Carrie about when they meet together on the morning after her success in the play?
3. Why does Hurstwood decide to try to work out the drama with his wife the day after he storms out of his house?
4. What excuse does Drouet give when Hurstwood finds him at lunch with a woman other than Carrie?
5. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood he must do if he wants her to leave Drouet and be with him?
6. Why was Carrie offered a job at a department store during the slow season?
7. What job does Carrie decide to take after Drouet moves out of her apartment?
8. What does Hurstwood try to do when Drouet meets him at the resort the night after meeting Carrie?
9. What does Drouet offer Carrie when he sees her on the street a few weeks after first meeting her on the train?
10. What keeps Hurstwood from openly having an affair?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)