|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Hurstwood get when his partnership dissolves?
2. What is most exciting to Carrie about her second job in New York?
(a) It pays twice as much as her first job.
(b) It is managed by a very handsome and rich man.
(c) It is easier work.
(d) It is closer to her flat.
3. What does Carrie tell Lola that she does not want to end up with again after all her success on stage?
(a) An unexpected debt.
(b) A closet of old clothes.
(c) A sullied name.
(d) Another Hurstwood.
4. What does Hurstwood harass Carrie about after she finds her first job in New York?
(a) Not caring for him during his illness.
(b) Staying at work too long.
(c) Spending too much money.
(d) Not making him dinner.
5. How does Hurstwood hear about Carrie's theatrical success?
(a) Carrie's friends tell him about it.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Carrie writes to him about it.
(d) Word of mouth.
6. How much does Hurstwood have to pay for interest in a bar?
7. What does Hurstwood sell when Carrie moves out of his flat?
(a) The furniture.
(b) The clothes she has left.
(c) The kitchen utensils.
(d) All the pictures he has of her.
8. How does Carrie feel about finding her first job in New York?
9. What helps Carrie to forget about Hurstwood after she moves out of his flat?
(a) Her friends.
(b) A new love interest.
(c) Her career.
(d) Her ability to buy fine things.
10. Who does Hurstwood see in the lobby of the hotel that makes him incredibly nervous?
(b) His wife's lawyer.
(c) A detective.
(d) Someone he met at the resort.
11. How does Carrie feel about the couple that moves in to the flat across the hall from her and Hurstwood?
(a) She is excited to make new friends.
(b) She is embarrassed to be seen with them.
(c) She thinks they are flaunting their happiness to her.
(d) She is afraid they will recognize her.
12. Where does Carrie find her first job in New York?
(a) A theater.
(b) A casino.
(c) A department store.
(d) A saloon.
13. What does Hurstwood do after angry strikers at the trolley station attack him?
(a) Presses charges.
(b) Fights back.
14. How does Hurstwood find out about some job openings after a man comes to his flat demanding money?
(a) From his old partner.
(b) From a friend.
(c) From Carrie.
(d) In the newspaper.
15. How does Carrie feel about being the breadwinner at her home now?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Carrie joy in during her long train ride with Hurstwood?
2. Where does Hurstwood decide to take Carrie after hearing back from the resort in Chicago?
3. What is Carrie thinking about during her long train ride?
4. What does Hurstwood have to do when his money runs out?
5. How does Hurstwood get by after being released from the hospital?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)