|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carrie respond in her letter to Hurstwood after receiving one from him while she is out looking for work?
(a) She asks him to forgive her for her impudence.
(b) She begs him to explain himself and his lies.
(c) She does not respond.
(d) She tells him goodbye.
2. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
3. What name does Drouet call Carrie when he is with the group he joins during Carrie's affair with Hurstwood?
4. What does Hurstwood find his wife has done when he returns to his house to talk with her the day after he stormed out?
(a) Filed for divorce.
(b) Put the house up for sale.
(c) Changed the locks.
(d) Gone on vacation.
5. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her lack of skills.
(d) Her recent sickness.
6. What does Hurstwood do after Drouet is caught with another woman?
(a) Tells Carrie about the other woman.
(b) Promises Drouet not to tell anyone about the other woman.
(c) Elopes with Carrie.
(d) Takes Drouet and Carrie out to the theater.
7. What group does Drouet join just after Carrie's affair with Hurstwood begins?
(a) The Elk Lodge.
(b) The Racing Club.
(c) The Masons.
(d) The Rowing Team.
8. Who catches Drouet with another woman?
(c) Mrs. Hurstwood.
(d) Carrie's sister.
9. What does Carrie decide she must do in case Drouet does not choose to come back to her?
(a) Move back in with her sister.
(b) Make amends with Hurstwood.
(c) Find another gentleman lover.
(d) Find a job.
10. How do Carrie and Hurstwood decide to communicate in order to keep their affair secret from Drouet?
(b) Private messenger.
(d) Phone calls.
11. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
(a) Talking quietly in Carrie's new apartment.
(b) Looking for a job for Carrie.
(c) Attending lavish parties.
(d) Going out on the town.
12. What does Hurstwood tell Drouet he will do about the play being put on by Drouet's group?
(a) Shut it down.
(b) Help in the direction of it.
(c) Publicize for them.
(d) Keep people from attending.
13. What does Carrie agree to do for Drouet's new group when approached by Drouet?
(a) Attend a fancy ball.
(b) Hang up signs.
(c) Hold a raffle at a meeting.
(d) Act in a play.
14. Where is Carrie told she must go to pursue her chosen line of work?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) The theater district.
(c) New York.
15. Where does Hurstwood stay after storming out of his house after his wife's accusation of his affair?
(a) Carrie's apartment.
(b) The Palmer House.
(c) The resort where he works.
(d) The Plaza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Drouet doing when he is caught with another woman?
2. What does Mrs. Hurstwood tell her husband that she expects from him during his affair?
3. What does Carrie think about the men she works with at her first job in Chicago?
4. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
5. Carrie tells Drouet that Hurstwood visited her how many times when they began their affair while Drouet was away on his business trip?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)