Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Why was Carrie moving to Chicago at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Sven retire to bed so early every night?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
3. Where is Carrie told to look for a job after being turned down twice on her first day of searching for employment in Chicago?
4. What is Carrie's first impression of her co-workers at the shoe factory?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
5. What does Hurstwood try to do...
This section contains 1,202 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)