|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Carrie to change her mind about turning down an invitation to a party at Mrs. Vance's house?
(a) She has never yet turned down an invitation.
(b) She wants to see Mrs. Vance one more time before she leaves.
(c) She hears Mr. Ames will be there.
(d) She gets a brand new dress from her tailor.
2. Where does Carrie move to after finding great success on stage?
(a) A large condominium.
(b) A large flat.
(c) A new house.
(d) A fancy hotel.
3. What does Carrie do with Mrs. Hale that makes her very depressed?
(a) Sees Drouet at dinner with another woman.
(b) Speaks about all the things they wish they had.
(c) Goes on a carriage ride through a luxurious area of town.
(d) Goes to a very sad play.
4. What is Carrie thinking about during her long train ride?
(a) How to get back to Drouet.
(b) Her fears of what Hurstwood will do with her now.
(c) How Hurstwood tricked her.
(d) Becoming an actress in New York.
5. What does Hurstwood do to help calm Carrie's nerves on stage?
(a) Throws flowers on stage.
(b) Tells Drouet to go to her and speak encouraging words.
(c) Sends a note of love to her.
(d) Cheers with much enthusiasm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carrie feel about finding her first job in New York?
2. Why does Hurstwood stay in his loveless marriage?
3. How does Hurstwood feel about the angry strikers at the trolley station?
4. What gives Carrie joy in during her long train ride with Hurstwood?
5. What does Hurstwood say he will do after discussing his affair with his wife?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)