|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her lack of skills.
(d) Her recent sickness.
2. What does Hurstwood spend his days doing after Carrie finds her first job in New York?
(c) Smoking his pipe.
(d) Reading the newspaper.
3. How does Carrie feel while chatting with her surprise visitor at the height of her success?
4. What does Drouet start doing that changes the way Carrie feels about him?
(a) Speaking ill of Hurstwood.
(b) Drinking excessively.
(c) Spending nights away from home.
(d) Comparing her to finer women.
5. Why does Hurstwood want to move himself and Carrie into a flat smaller than the first one they have rented?
(a) He wants to save money to buy his own club.
(b) He wants to live closer to his place of work.
(c) He wants to move Carrie away from the Vances.
(d) He wants to have more money to gamble.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hurstwood decide to take Carrie after hearing back from the resort in Chicago?
2. Why is Carrie unable to pay the person who comes to her flat demanding money?
3. What is Hurstwood doing when Carrie thinks he is out looking for a job?
4. What does Carrie spend her entire night doing just before she is supposed to leave town?
5. Why is Carrie hesitant to leave Drouet and run away with Hurstwood?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)