|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Ames feel about acting as a career?
(a) It is a tawdry profession for women with no values.
(b) It is a very respectable career.
(c) It takes talent and ambition.
(d) It is for shallow women with no prospects.
2. What does Hurstwood see when he first drives a trolley out in public?
(a) A man being run over by a car.
(b) A fight between strikers and police.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A robbery.
3. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
(a) Buy her niece a coat.
(b) Buy Drouet lunch.
(c) Return it.
(d) Buy a train ticket.
4. What causes Hurstwood to go to the hospital?
(d) A broken leg.
5. What helps Carrie to forget about Hurstwood after she moves out of his flat?
(a) Her career.
(b) Her friends.
(c) A new love interest.
(d) Her ability to buy fine things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hurstwood get upset about when she is at dinner one night with her family?
2. When does Hurstwood have to be present at the resort?
3. How do Carrie and Hurstwood pay to furnish their new apartment together?
4. How much does Hurstwood have to pay for interest in a bar?
5. What does Mrs. Hurstwood tell her husband that she expects from him during his affair?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)