|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do after Drouet is caught with another woman?
(a) Elopes with Carrie.
(b) Tells Carrie about the other woman.
(c) Promises Drouet not to tell anyone about the other woman.
(d) Takes Drouet and Carrie out to the theater.
2. Why does Carrie feel she needs to find another job after a month or two?
(a) She is too talented for where she is working.
(b) Her current company is leaving town.
(c) She is not being paid enough.
(d) She does not like her boss.
3. How does Carrie feel about finding her first job in New York?
4. What does Carrie agree to do for Drouet's new group when approached by Drouet?
(a) Hang up signs.
(b) Act in a play.
(c) Attend a fancy ball.
(d) Hold a raffle at a meeting.
5. How does Mrs. Hurstwood find out about her husband's affair with Carrie?
(a) Hurstwood tells her himself.
(b) Drouet tells her about it.
(c) Comments from her neighbors.
(d) She sees them together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood stop wearing his nice clothes?
2. What does Carrie envy in the other girls that she works with in her first job in New York?
3. How much money does Hurstwood get when his partnership dissolves?
4. What does Drouet discuss with Carrie the morning after her success in the play?
5. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)