|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Hurstwood work at the beginning of the book?
(a) A country club.
(b) A resort and bar.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A hotel.
2. How does Carrie get a raise in pay at her first job in New York?
(a) She goes on a date with her manager.
(b) She is promoted.
(c) She asks for it.
(d) She gets one of the other girls fired.
3. What does Drouet do on his business trips that is revolting to Carrie?
(a) Lounges in bed all day.
(c) Drinks excessively.
(d) Sleeps with other women.
4. How does Hurstwood hear about Carrie's theatrical success?
(a) Carrie's friends tell him about it.
(b) Word of mouth.
(c) Carrie writes to him about it.
(d) The newspaper.
5. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
(a) She embraces him.
(b) She blushes and cries.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She tells him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood find his wife has done when he returns to his house to talk with her the day after he stormed out?
2. Where does Hurstwood decide to take Carrie after hearing back from the resort in Chicago?
3. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
4. Why does Carrie feel she can no longer trust Hurstwood after her confrontation with Drouet about her affair?
5. Why does Drouet beg Carrie not to move out of his apartment?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)