|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
(a) A purse.
(c) A jacket.
(d) An apartment.
2. What does Hurstwood tell his friends to do when they go to the play put on by Drouet's group?
(a) Cheer for Carrie.
(b) Leave half way through.
(c) Boo the whole time.
(d) Wear formal attire.
3. What does Drouet discuss with Carrie the morning after her success in the play?
(a) A vacation.
(b) His suspicion about Hurstwood.
(d) His finances.
4. What happens after Hurstwood moves Carrie to a smaller flat?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) His partnership dissolves.
(c) He loses his job.
(d) Carrie threatens to leave him.
5. Why can't the audience hear Carrie in the play?
(a) Too many actors in front of her.
(b) Her voice is too low.
(c) People are talking too much.
(d) The acoustics are bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do when he returns home day after day without finding another job?
2. What does Hurstwood discourage Carrie from doing after they are married and in a new apartment?
3. What does Mrs. Hurstwood ask her husband to get for her shortly after his affair with Carrie begins?
4. What does Carrie suggest that she and Hurstwood do the day after her success in the play?
5. Why is Carrie unable to pay the person who comes to her flat demanding money?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)