|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money of his own does Hurstwood have left after Carrie finds her first job in New York?
2. What does Hurstwood tell Drouet he will do about the play being put on by Drouet's group?
(a) Help in the direction of it.
(b) Shut it down.
(c) Keep people from attending.
(d) Publicize for them.
3. Who introduces Carrie to Mr. Ames?
(a) Mr. Ames introduces himself.
(c) The director of Carrie's play.
(d) Mrs. Vance.
4. What reason does Hurstwood give his friends for his wife's absence at the play?
(a) She is visiting relatives.
(b) She does not like theater.
(c) She is sick.
(d) Their daughter is sick.
5. What does Mrs. Hurstwood tell her husband that she expects from him during his affair?
(a) Financial support.
(b) A divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do after Drouet is caught with another woman?
2. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
3. What does Hurstwood suggest to Carrie that they do the day after her success in the play?
4. Carrie tells Drouet that Hurstwood visited her how many times when they began their affair while Drouet was away on his business trip?
5. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)