|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the audience hear Carrie in the play?
(a) People are talking too much.
(b) The acoustics are bad.
(c) Too many actors in front of her.
(d) Her voice is too low.
2. Why does Hurstwood not want to divorce his wife even though he loves Carrie?
(a) He knows most of his money would go to his family.
(b) It would be too expensive.
(c) He is afraid of his wife.
(d) He wants to avoid a scandal.
3. How does Carrie respond in her letter to Hurstwood after receiving one from him while she is out looking for work?
(a) She tells him goodbye.
(b) She asks him to forgive her for her impudence.
(c) She does not respond.
(d) She begs him to explain himself and his lies.
4. What does Carrie plan to do with her salary when she does find a job?
(a) Save it in a bank.
(b) Spend it on clothes.
(c) Pay her rent.
(d) Send it home to her family.
5. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with the extra money he starts getting from his new job in New York?
(a) He gambles it away.
(b) He gives it to Carrie.
(c) He sends it to his wife in Chicago.
(d) He spends it on himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Carrie and Hurstwood usually have their secret meetings?
2. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
3. How much money does Hurstwood get when his partnership dissolves?
4. What is Hurstwood thinking about during his long train ride?
5. What does Hurstwood tell Drouet he will do about the play being put on by Drouet's group?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)