|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie suggest that she and Hurstwood do the day after her success in the play?
(a) Enroll her in a school for actors.
(b) Stop seeing each other.
(c) Run away together.
(d) Get married.
2. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
(a) She sends a telegraph.
(b) She calls on the phone.
(c) She tells her in person.
(d) She leaves a note.
3. What does Drouet discuss with Carrie the morning after her success in the play?
(a) His finances.
(c) A vacation.
(d) His suspicion about Hurstwood.
4. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
5. Why does Hurstwood stop wearing his nice clothes?
(a) He doesn't want to waste them.
(b) He loses all hope of finding work.
(c) He does not have the energy.
(d) He doesn't feel worthy of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hurstwood have to be present at the resort?
2. What does Hurstwood suggest to Carrie that they do the day after her success in the play?
3. What does Carrie spend most of her time doing just after she marries Hurstwood?
4. What does Carrie think about the men she works with at her first job in Chicago?
5. What does Drouet start doing that changes the way Carrie feels about him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)