|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of seat does Hurstwood purchase for himself at the play?
(a) Box seat.
(c) Front row.
(d) He does not buy a seat.
2. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
(b) A jacket.
(c) A purse.
(d) An apartment.
3. What is Carrie doing when she first meets Mr. Ames?
(a) Auditioning for a play.
(b) Crying in a park.
(c) Taking a walk.
(d) Going to the theater with Mrs. Vance.
4. What does Drouet do on his business trips that is revolting to Carrie?
(b) Sleeps with other women.
(c) Lounges in bed all day.
(d) Drinks excessively.
5. Where does Carrie find her first job in New York?
(a) A theater.
(b) A department store.
(c) A saloon.
(d) A casino.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood not want to divorce his wife even though he loves Carrie?
2. How does Carrie feel about being the breadwinner at her home now?
3. What does Mrs. Hurstwood get upset about when she is at dinner one night with her family?
4. How much money of his own does Hurstwood have left after Carrie finds her first job in New York?
5. What is Carrie's first job in New York?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)