|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood stay in his loveless marriage?
(a) A divorce would be expensive.
(b) He would feel too guilty to leave.
(c) He feels the image is important.
(d) He loves his children.
2. How does Carrie feel about finding her first job in New York?
3. What does Carrie plan to do with her salary when she does find a job?
(a) Spend it on clothes.
(b) Pay her rent.
(c) Send it home to her family.
(d) Save it in a bank.
4. What is Carrie thinking about during her long train ride?
(a) Becoming an actress in New York.
(b) How to get back to Drouet.
(c) How Hurstwood tricked her.
(d) Her fears of what Hurstwood will do with her now.
5. How much money does Hurstwood get when his partnership dissolves?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Carrie and Hurstwood usually have their secret meetings?
2. What does Hurstwood suggest to Carrie that they do the day after her success in the play?
3. What happens after Hurstwood moves Carrie to a smaller flat?
4. What does Hurstwood do to keep from having to ask Carrie for so much of her hard earned money?
5. What does Hurstwood spend his days doing after Carrie finds her first job in New York?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)