|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hurstwood see in the lobby of the hotel that makes him incredibly nervous?
(a) His wife's lawyer.
(b) Someone he met at the resort.
(c) A detective.
2. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He misses the money she brought in.
3. What name does Drouet call Carrie when he is with the group he joins during Carrie's affair with Hurstwood?
4. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
5. What does Mrs. Hurstwood get upset about when she is at dinner one night with her family?
(a) Her husband does not notice her new hair style.
(b) Her husband was seen with Carrie.
(c) Her husband went to the theater without her.
(d) Her husband did not get an expected raise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Drouet discuss with Carrie the morning after her success in the play?
2. Why does Hurstwood not care about Carrie's relationship with Drouet as he begins to pursue her?
3. What causes Hurstwood to stop looking for work?
4. How do Carrie and Hurstwood pay to furnish their new apartment together?
5. Why does Hurstwood want to move himself and Carrie into a flat smaller than the first one they have rented?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)