|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Carrie have had to her name had she decided to leave Drouet as planned?
(a) The rights to the plays she wrote with Drouet.
(b) The residual money from Drouet's work with the Masons.
(c) The clothes on her back and a few dollars.
(d) Half of Drouet's estate.
2. Why does Hurstwood stop wearing his nice clothes?
(a) He loses all hope of finding work.
(b) He doesn't feel worthy of them.
(c) He doesn't want to waste them.
(d) He does not have the energy.
3. What brings Charles Drouet the greatest joy in the world?
(a) Impressing strangers.
(b) Making money.
(c) Playing with children.
(d) Showing attention to ladies.
4. Why does Drouet beg Carrie not to move out of his apartment?
(a) He still has feelings for her.
(b) He needs her beauty to keep him happy.
(c) He does not want to lose her to an older man.
(d) He does not want a public scandal on his hands.
5. How does Mrs. Hurstwood find out about her husband's affair with Carrie?
(a) She sees them together.
(b) Hurstwood tells her himself.
(c) Drouet tells her about it.
(d) Comments from her neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising news does Drouet tell Carrie about Hurstwood when he confronts her about their affair together?
2. What does Drouet talk to Hurstwood about the night after he meets Carrie?
3. Why does Mr. Hurstwood refuse to help his wife show some of their friends around town one night?
4. Why can't the audience hear Carrie in the play?
5. Why does Carrie feel she can no longer trust Hurstwood after her confrontation with Drouet about her affair?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)