|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
(a) Her lack of skills.
(b) Her shyness.
(c) Her youth.
(d) Her recent sickness.
2. Who is Carrie trying to emulate as her relationship with Drouet begins to change?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Mrs. Hurstwood.
(c) The fine ladies that Drouet fancies.
(d) A lady across the hall.
3. What question does Hurstwood's wife annoy him with the morning after the Masons' play?
(a) Whether or not she can have some money.
(b) Where he was the night before.
(c) When they will go on vacation.
(d) Why he didn't take her to the play.
4. What does Carrie decide she must do in case Drouet does not choose to come back to her?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Find another gentleman lover.
(c) Make amends with Hurstwood.
(d) Move back in with her sister.
5. How did Hurstwood leave himself open to be sued for divorce?
(a) He was unfaithful to his wife.
(b) He quit his job and ignored the letters from the police.
(c) He did not meet with his wife to make reconciliation.
(d) He ignored the letters of the lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie do with Mrs. Hale that makes her very depressed?
2. Why does Carrie feel she can no longer trust Hurstwood after her confrontation with Drouet about her affair?
3. How does Carrie feel about the couple that moves in to the flat across the hall from her and Hurstwood?
4. How much rent is Carrie expected to pay for staying with her sister?
5. Where has Hurstwood actually bought train tickets for?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)