|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Hurstwood have to pay for interest in a bar?
2. Why can't the audience hear Carrie in the play?
(a) The acoustics are bad.
(b) Too many actors in front of her.
(c) People are talking too much.
(d) Her voice is too low.
3. Why does Carrie feel she can no longer trust Hurstwood after her confrontation with Drouet about her affair?
(a) She finds out he is married.
(b) He has lied to her about his actual success in business.
(c) His wife comes to her and tells her about his lack of fortune.
(d) She hears some horrible rumors about him.
4. What does Hurstwood do after Drouet is caught with another woman?
(a) Tells Carrie about the other woman.
(b) Promises Drouet not to tell anyone about the other woman.
(c) Elopes with Carrie.
(d) Takes Drouet and Carrie out to the theater.
5. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with the extra money he starts getting from his new job in New York?
(a) He gambles it away.
(b) He spends it on himself.
(c) He gives it to Carrie.
(d) He sends it to his wife in Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood not care about Carrie's relationship with Drouet as he begins to pursue her?
2. What gives Carrie joy in during her long train ride with Hurstwood?
3. Why does Drouet beg Carrie not to move out of his apartment?
4. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
5. What group does Drouet join just after Carrie's affair with Hurstwood begins?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)