|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Carrie to lose her first job in Chicago?
(a) Her slow pace.
(b) Her lack of experience.
(c) Starting a fight with her co-workers.
(d) A cold.
2. Who introduces Carrie to Mr. Ames?
(a) Mrs. Vance.
(b) Mr. Ames introduces himself.
(d) The director of Carrie's play.
3. What does Carrie plan to do with her salary when she does find a job?
(a) Spend it on clothes.
(b) Send it home to her family.
(c) Pay her rent.
(d) Save it in a bank.
4. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
5. What surprising news does Drouet tell Carrie about Hurstwood when he confronts her about their affair together?
(a) Hurstwood is married.
(b) Hurstwood has a grave illness.
(c) Hurstwood has many girlfriends.
(d) Hurstwood has been in cahoots with him all along.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie find has happened in her apartment when she returns from looking for work?
2. How does Carrie respond in her letter to Hurstwood after receiving one from him while she is out looking for work?
3. What does Hurstwood do when he returns home day after day without finding another job?
4. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
5. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)