|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
2. When does Hurstwood have to be present at the resort?
(a) At closing.
(b) At opening.
(c) Before any live entertainment begins.
(d) At rush hour.
3. How does Carrie feel about the couple that moves in to the flat across the hall from her and Hurstwood?
(a) She is afraid they will recognize her.
(b) She is excited to make new friends.
(c) She thinks they are flaunting their happiness to her.
(d) She is embarrassed to be seen with them.
4. Where does Mr. Hurstwood work at the beginning of the book?
(a) A resort and bar.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A country club.
5. Why does Hurstwood stop wearing his nice clothes?
(a) He doesn't feel worthy of them.
(b) He does not have the energy.
(c) He doesn't want to waste them.
(d) He loses all hope of finding work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie find has happened in her apartment when she returns from looking for work?
2. What about Hanson does Carrie not like at all when she first lives with him and her sister?
3. Why does Hurstwood want to move himself and Carrie into a flat smaller than the first one they have rented?
4. What does Drouet start doing that changes the way Carrie feels about him?
5. How does Hurstwood get Carrie to come with him after receiving the letter telling him that their relationship is over?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)