|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hurstwood doing when Carrie thinks he is out looking for a job?
(a) Sleeping in the park.
(c) Reading in the library.
(d) Going to the theater.
2. What causes the actors in the play to be jealous of Carrie?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her natural talent.
(c) The admiration she receives.
(d) Her way with people.
3. Who does Hurstwood see is staying at the same hotel he is?
(a) The mayor.
(b) His boss.
4. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
(a) The financial opportunities.
(b) The chance to leave Drouet.
(c) The possibility of true love.
(d) The secrecy and mystery.
5. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do when he returns home day after day without finding another job?
2. Where has Hurstwood actually bought train tickets for?
3. What does Carrie beg Hurstwood to do when Mrs. Vance comes to visit her?
4. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
5. What reason does Hurstwood give his friends for his wife's absence at the play?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)