|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39 | Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hurstwood to stop looking for work?
(a) An illness.
(c) Lack of funds.
(d) Bad weather.
2. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
(a) Talking quietly in Carrie's new apartment.
(b) Attending lavish parties.
(c) Going out on the town.
(d) Looking for a job for Carrie.
3. Where do Carrie and Hurstwood usually have their secret meetings?
(a) The park.
(b) A secluded restaurant.
(c) The resort.
(d) The train depot.
4. Who is Mrs. Hurstwood more interested in than her husband?
(a) Her neighbors.
(b) Her secret lover.
(c) Her friends at the country club.
(d) Her children.
5. What does Carrie think about the men she works with at her first job in Chicago?
(a) They are coarse and unrefined.
(b) They are strange and distant.
(c) They are kind and selfless.
(d) They are big and brawny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hurstwood decide to take Carrie after hearing back from the resort in Chicago?
2. What gives Carrie joy in during her long train ride with Hurstwood?
3. How does Hurstwood feel about Carrie's attempts to find work when he is unable to find a job himself?
4. What kind of job does Carrie think she would like to have now that Hurstwood is out of work?
5. What does Carrie beg Hurstwood to do when Mrs. Vance comes to visit her?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)