|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Hurstwood work at the beginning of the book?
(a) A resort and bar.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A country club.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
(a) Punching holes in leather.
(b) Cleaning shelves.
(c) Plucking chickens.
(d) Sewing hats.
3. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
(a) The industrial district.
(b) The wholesale district.
(c) A millinery.
(d) The railroad.
4. What does Sven spend most of his spare time doing when Carrie first stays with him and her sister?
(a) Reading the paper and playing with their baby.
(b) Drinking and sleeping.
(c) Smoking and thinking.
(d) Looking for more work to do.
5. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her lack of skills.
(c) Her recent sickness.
(d) Her youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hurstwood find out about her husband's affair with Carrie?
2. Why does Carrie not allow Drouet to walk her to the train platform?
3. What does Drouet do on his business trips that is revolting to Carrie?
4. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
5. What does Hurstwood do after Drouet is caught with another woman?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)