|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood worry that Carrie will not run away with him now?
(a) The planned time for their departure has passed.
(b) He knows that she knows he lied to her now.
(c) He no longer has any money because of his impending divorce.
(d) It is public knowledge that he is married now.
2. What does Carrie do with Mrs. Hale that makes her very depressed?
(a) Goes on a carriage ride through a luxurious area of town.
(b) Sees Drouet at dinner with another woman.
(c) Goes to a very sad play.
(d) Speaks about all the things they wish they had.
3. How does Mrs. Hurstwood find out about her husband's affair with Carrie?
(a) Drouet tells her about it.
(b) Hurstwood tells her himself.
(c) She sees them together.
(d) Comments from her neighbors.
4. What does Hurstwood do after Drouet is caught with another woman?
(a) Promises Drouet not to tell anyone about the other woman.
(b) Elopes with Carrie.
(c) Takes Drouet and Carrie out to the theater.
(d) Tells Carrie about the other woman.
5. Why does Hurstwood not want to divorce his wife even though he loves Carrie?
(a) He knows most of his money would go to his family.
(b) He is afraid of his wife.
(c) He wants to avoid a scandal.
(d) It would be too expensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under whose name is most of Hurstwood's property?
2. What does Mrs. Hurstwood ask her husband to get for her shortly after his affair with Carrie begins?
3. What surprising news does Drouet tell Carrie about Hurstwood when he confronts her about their affair together?
4. What does Hurstwood tell his friends to do when they go to the play put on by Drouet's group?
5. What does Drouet talk to Hurstwood about the night after he meets Carrie?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)