|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Hurstwood's wife annoy him with the morning after the Masons' play?
(a) Whether or not she can have some money.
(b) When they will go on vacation.
(c) Why he didn't take her to the play.
(d) Where he was the night before.
2. What about Hanson does Carrie not like at all when she first lives with him and her sister?
(a) He is nosey.
(b) He is greedy and vindictive.
(c) He is loud.
(d) He is cold and quiet.
3. Why does Drouet beg Carrie not to move out of his apartment?
(a) He does not want a public scandal on his hands.
(b) He still has feelings for her.
(c) He does not want to lose her to an older man.
(d) He needs her beauty to keep him happy.
4. Who catches Drouet with another woman?
(a) Mrs. Hurstwood.
(c) Carrie's sister.
5. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
(a) She wants to buy something else.
(b) She does not want her sister to ask where she got the money.
(c) She wants to repay her sister for missed rent.
(d) She wants to save it for a nicer coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Hurstwood give his friends for his wife's absence at the play?
2. Why does Carrie not allow Drouet to walk her to the train platform?
3. How many rooms are in the apartment that Carrie shares with Drouet?
4. When does Hurstwood have to be present at the resort?
5. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)