|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hurstwood get upset about when she is at dinner one night with her family?
(a) Her husband was seen with Carrie.
(b) Her husband did not get an expected raise.
(c) Her husband went to the theater without her.
(d) Her husband does not notice her new hair style.
2. Why is Carrie afraid to leave the situation with Drouet even though she knows that it compromises her moral virtue?
(a) She is too attached to all the fine things Drouet has bought for her.
(b) Drouet has threatened her.
(c) She thinks her family will not accept her now.
(d) She is in love with Drouet, and fears he will find someone else if she leaves.
3. What does Sven spend most of his spare time doing when Carrie first stays with him and her sister?
(a) Reading the paper and playing with their baby.
(b) Drinking and sleeping.
(c) Smoking and thinking.
(d) Looking for more work to do.
4. How much rent is Carrie expected to pay for staying with her sister?
(a) $40 a month.
(b) $14 a month.
(c) $4 a month.
(d) $1.40 a month.
5. What does Drouet start doing that changes the way Carrie feels about him?
(a) Drinking excessively.
(b) Speaking ill of Hurstwood.
(c) Spending nights away from home.
(d) Comparing her to finer women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Carrie to lose her first job in Chicago?
2. Why does Hurstwood not care about Carrie's relationship with Drouet as he begins to pursue her?
3. Why is Carrie hesitant to leave Drouet and run away with Hurstwood?
4. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
5. What causes the actors in the play to be jealous of Carrie?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)