|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood worry that Carrie will not run away with him now?
(a) He no longer has any money because of his impending divorce.
(b) The planned time for their departure has passed.
(c) He knows that she knows he lied to her now.
(d) It is public knowledge that he is married now.
2. What does Carrie plan to do with her salary when she does find a job?
(a) Send it home to her family.
(b) Pay her rent.
(c) Spend it on clothes.
(d) Save it in a bank.
3. Who is Carrie trying to emulate as her relationship with Drouet begins to change?
(a) A lady across the hall.
(b) The fine ladies that Drouet fancies.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Mrs. Hurstwood.
4. What does Hurstwood find his wife has done when he returns to his house to talk with her the day after he stormed out?
(a) Changed the locks.
(b) Filed for divorce.
(c) Put the house up for sale.
(d) Gone on vacation.
5. What does Hurstwood tell his friends to do when they go to the play put on by Drouet's group?
(a) Leave half way through.
(b) Boo the whole time.
(c) Cheer for Carrie.
(d) Wear formal attire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Drouet beg Carrie not to move out of his apartment?
2. What kind of seat does Hurstwood purchase for himself at the play?
3. Why is Carrie hesitant to leave Drouet and run away with Hurstwood?
4. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
5. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)