|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
(a) A grocery market.
(b) A shoe factory.
(c) A hat shop.
(d) A department store.
2. Why does Mr. Hurstwood refuse to help his wife show some of their friends around town one night?
(a) He hates being around his wife for longer than an hour at a time.
(b) He is too busy.
(c) He has to work.
(d) He does not feel like talking to people he does not like.
3. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with Carrie the first time he visits her while Drouet is away?
(a) Takes her to the theater.
(b) Teaches her a card game.
(c) Takes her to the fanciest restaurant in town.
(d) Buys her a new outfit.
4. What does Hurstwood do to help calm Carrie's nerves on stage?
(a) Sends a note of love to her.
(b) Tells Drouet to go to her and speak encouraging words.
(c) Throws flowers on stage.
(d) Cheers with much enthusiasm.
5. What about Hanson does Carrie not like at all when she first lives with him and her sister?
(a) He is greedy and vindictive.
(b) He is cold and quiet.
(c) He is loud.
(d) He is nosey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie think about the men she works with at her first job in Chicago?
2. Where does Drouet spend his time the night after he meets Carrie?
3. What reason does Hurstwood give his friends for his wife's absence at the play?
4. What kind of seat does Hurstwood purchase for himself at the play?
5. What surprising news does Drouet tell Carrie about Hurstwood when he confronts her about their affair together?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)