|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do to help calm Carrie's nerves on stage?
(a) Sends a note of love to her.
(b) Cheers with much enthusiasm.
(c) Tells Drouet to go to her and speak encouraging words.
(d) Throws flowers on stage.
2. Where does Carrie live before the book begins?
(b) New York.
3. What does Drouet start doing that changes the way Carrie feels about him?
(a) Speaking ill of Hurstwood.
(b) Drinking excessively.
(c) Spending nights away from home.
(d) Comparing her to finer women.
4. How much rent is Carrie expected to pay for staying with her sister?
(a) $1.40 a month.
(b) $40 a month.
(c) $4 a month.
(d) $14 a month.
5. What causes Carrie to lose her first job in Chicago?
(a) Her lack of experience.
(b) A cold.
(c) Starting a fight with her co-workers.
(d) Her slow pace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
2. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
3. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
4. What question does Hurstwood's wife annoy him with the morning after the Masons' play?
5. What allows Carrie to do so well after the third act of the play?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)