|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Carrie afraid to leave the situation with Drouet even though she knows that it compromises her moral virtue?
(a) Drouet has threatened her.
(b) She is in love with Drouet, and fears he will find someone else if she leaves.
(c) She is too attached to all the fine things Drouet has bought for her.
(d) She thinks her family will not accept her now.
2. Why can't the audience hear Carrie in the play?
(a) Too many actors in front of her.
(b) The acoustics are bad.
(c) People are talking too much.
(d) Her voice is too low.
3. What allows Carrie to do so well after the third act of the play?
(a) Her joy of acting.
(b) The note sent by Hurstwood.
(c) The attention from her two lovers.
(d) The cheers of the crowd.
4. Who is Mrs. Hurstwood more interested in than her husband?
(a) Her friends at the country club.
(b) Her neighbors.
(c) Her secret lover.
(d) Her children.
5. What is Drouet doing when he is caught with another woman?
(a) Walking in the park.
(b) Kissing her.
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Going to the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Carrie and Hurstwood usually have their secret meetings?
2. How do Carrie and Hurstwood decide to communicate in order to keep their affair secret from Drouet?
3. What kind of seat does Hurstwood purchase for himself at the play?
4. What does Hurstwood do to help calm Carrie's nerves on stage?
5. What about Hanson does Carrie not like at all when she first lives with him and her sister?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)