|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carrie not allow Drouet to walk her to the train platform?
(a) She is in a hurry.
(b) She does not want her sister to see him.
(c) It would not be proper.
(d) She wants to appear independent.
2. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
(a) She wants to buy something else.
(b) She wants to save it for a nicer coat.
(c) She does not want her sister to ask where she got the money.
(d) She wants to repay her sister for missed rent.
3. Why does Hurstwood not care about Carrie's relationship with Drouet as he begins to pursue her?
(a) He does not like Drouet.
(b) He is more successful than Drouet.
(c) He loves Carrie too much to care.
(d) He sees Drouet with other women.
4. What does Hurstwood tell his friends to do when they go to the play put on by Drouet's group?
(a) Wear formal attire.
(b) Boo the whole time.
(c) Cheer for Carrie.
(d) Leave half way through.
5. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
(a) He misses the money she brought in.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Hanson does Carrie not like at all when she first lives with him and her sister?
2. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
3. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
4. Who is Carrie trying to emulate as her relationship with Drouet begins to change?
5. What group does Drouet join just after Carrie's affair with Hurstwood begins?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)