|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He misses the money she brought in.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is worried.
2. Where do Carrie and Hurstwood usually have their secret meetings?
(a) The resort.
(b) The train depot.
(c) A secluded restaurant.
(d) The park.
3. What does Carrie plan to do with her salary when she does find a job?
(a) Spend it on clothes.
(b) Save it in a bank.
(c) Send it home to her family.
(d) Pay her rent.
4. What does Carrie think about the men she works with at her first job in Chicago?
(a) They are coarse and unrefined.
(b) They are big and brawny.
(c) They are kind and selfless.
(d) They are strange and distant.
5. What does Hurstwood do to help calm Carrie's nerves on stage?
(a) Sends a note of love to her.
(b) Cheers with much enthusiasm.
(c) Tells Drouet to go to her and speak encouraging words.
(d) Throws flowers on stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood say he must do when he hears about the play being put on by Drouet's group?
2. Carrie tells Drouet that Hurstwood visited her how many times when they began their affair while Drouet was away on his business trip?
3. What kind of seat does Hurstwood purchase for himself at the play?
4. What does Drouet start doing that changes the way Carrie feels about him?
5. What does Hurstwood do after Drouet is caught with another woman?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)