|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much rent is Carrie expected to pay for staying with her sister?
(a) $1.40 a month.
(b) $40 a month.
(c) $4 a month.
(d) $14 a month.
2. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with Carrie the first time he visits her while Drouet is away?
(a) Teaches her a card game.
(b) Buys her a new outfit.
(c) Takes her to the fanciest restaurant in town.
(d) Takes her to the theater.
3. What does Mrs. Hurstwood ask her husband to get for her shortly after his affair with Carrie begins?
(a) A carriage.
(b) Season tickets to the horse races.
(c) A guided tour of Europe in the summer.
(d) A new spring wardrobe.
4. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
(a) He misses the money she brought in.
(b) He is worried.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is relieved.
5. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood tell his friends to do when they go to the play put on by Drouet's group?
2. Who catches Drouet with another woman?
3. Why can't the audience hear Carrie in the play?
4. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
5. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)