|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Hurstwood refuse to help his wife show some of their friends around town one night?
(a) He does not feel like talking to people he does not like.
(b) He has to work.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He hates being around his wife for longer than an hour at a time.
2. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her lack of skills.
(c) Her youth.
(d) Her recent sickness.
3. Where does Carrie live before the book begins?
(d) New York.
4. Where does Mr. Hurstwood work at the beginning of the book?
(a) A country club.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A resort and bar.
(d) A restaurant.
5. What does Drouet do on his business trips that is revolting to Carrie?
(a) Drinks excessively.
(b) Sleeps with other women.
(c) Lounges in bed all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Hurstwood have to be present at the resort?
2. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
3. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
4. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
5. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)