|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
(a) Punching holes in leather.
(b) Sewing hats.
(c) Cleaning shelves.
(d) Plucking chickens.
2. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
(a) Looking for a job for Carrie.
(b) Going out on the town.
(c) Talking quietly in Carrie's new apartment.
(d) Attending lavish parties.
3. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
(a) A grocery market.
(b) A department store.
(c) A shoe factory.
(d) A hat shop.
4. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
(a) She leaves a note.
(b) She calls on the phone.
(c) She tells her in person.
(d) She sends a telegraph.
5. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
(a) She wants to save it for a nicer coat.
(b) She wants to buy something else.
(c) She does not want her sister to ask where she got the money.
(d) She wants to repay her sister for missed rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Carrie trying to emulate as her relationship with Drouet begins to change?
2. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
3. Why is Carrie afraid to leave the situation with Drouet even though she knows that it compromises her moral virtue?
4. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
5. Why does Hurstwood stay in his loveless marriage?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)