|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
(a) A grocery market.
(b) A department store.
(c) A shoe factory.
(d) A hat shop.
2. What does Drouet start doing that changes the way Carrie feels about him?
(a) Speaking ill of Hurstwood.
(b) Drinking excessively.
(c) Comparing her to finer women.
(d) Spending nights away from home.
3. What does Carrie do with Mrs. Hale that makes her very depressed?
(a) Goes on a carriage ride through a luxurious area of town.
(b) Goes to a very sad play.
(c) Speaks about all the things they wish they had.
(d) Sees Drouet at dinner with another woman.
4. What causes Carrie to lose her first job in Chicago?
(a) Starting a fight with her co-workers.
(b) A cold.
(c) Her slow pace.
(d) Her lack of experience.
5. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carrie live before the book begins?
2. What does Hurstwood do after Drouet is caught with another woman?
3. Why does Carrie not allow Drouet to walk her to the train platform?
4. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
5. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)