|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood not care about Carrie's relationship with Drouet as he begins to pursue her?
(a) He loves Carrie too much to care.
(b) He is more successful than Drouet.
(c) He sees Drouet with other women.
(d) He does not like Drouet.
2. What does Carrie think about the men she works with at her first job in Chicago?
(a) They are big and brawny.
(b) They are strange and distant.
(c) They are kind and selfless.
(d) They are coarse and unrefined.
3. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
(a) She does not want her sister to ask where she got the money.
(b) She wants to save it for a nicer coat.
(c) She wants to buy something else.
(d) She wants to repay her sister for missed rent.
4. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
5. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
(a) The railroad.
(b) The industrial district.
(c) The wholesale district.
(d) A millinery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
2. Where does Mr. Hurstwood work at the beginning of the book?
3. Why does Carrie's sister insist she keep her horrible job?
4. What does Mrs. Hurstwood get upset about when she is at dinner one night with her family?
5. Who is Carrie trying to emulate as her relationship with Drouet begins to change?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)