|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A purse.
(c) A jacket.
2. Why does Hurstwood stay in his loveless marriage?
(a) He loves his children.
(b) He feels the image is important.
(c) He would feel too guilty to leave.
(d) A divorce would be expensive.
3. Why does Carrie not allow Drouet to walk her to the train platform?
(a) It would not be proper.
(b) She wants to appear independent.
(c) She is in a hurry.
(d) She does not want her sister to see him.
4. What is Drouet doing when he is caught with another woman?
(a) Going to the theater.
(b) Eating lunch.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Walking in the park.
5. What does Drouet do on his business trips that is revolting to Carrie?
(a) Sleeps with other women.
(b) Drinks excessively.
(c) Lounges in bed all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie do with Mrs. Hale that makes her very depressed?
2. How much rent is Carrie expected to pay for staying with her sister?
3. Why does Hurstwood not care about Carrie's relationship with Drouet as he begins to pursue her?
4. What does Drouet talk to Hurstwood about the night after he meets Carrie?
5. Who is Mrs. Hurstwood more interested in than her husband?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)