|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie plan to do with her salary when she does find a job?
(a) Pay her rent.
(b) Spend it on clothes.
(c) Save it in a bank.
(d) Send it home to her family.
2. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
(a) The industrial district.
(b) The wholesale district.
(c) The railroad.
(d) A millinery.
3. Why does Carrie's sister insist she keep her horrible job?
(a) She does not want Carrie to be a quitter.
(b) They need the money.
(c) She wants Carrie out of the house during the day.
(d) Her husband has just lost his job.
4. Where does Carrie live before the book begins?
(d) New York.
5. What about Hanson does Carrie not like at all when she first lives with him and her sister?
(a) He is greedy and vindictive.
(b) He is nosey.
(c) He is cold and quiet.
(d) He is loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
2. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
3. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
4. Why does Carrie not allow Drouet to walk her to the train platform?
5. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)