|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Hurstwood more interested in than her husband?
(a) Her friends at the country club.
(b) Her secret lover.
(c) Her neighbors.
(d) Her children.
2. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with Carrie the first time he visits her while Drouet is away?
(a) Takes her to the fanciest restaurant in town.
(b) Takes her to the theater.
(c) Teaches her a card game.
(d) Buys her a new outfit.
3. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
4. Why does Hurstwood stay in his loveless marriage?
(a) He would feel too guilty to leave.
(b) A divorce would be expensive.
(c) He feels the image is important.
(d) He loves his children.
5. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
(a) Talking quietly in Carrie's new apartment.
(b) Looking for a job for Carrie.
(c) Going out on the town.
(d) Attending lavish parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brings Charles Drouet the greatest joy in the world?
2. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
3. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
4. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
5. Where does Mr. Hurstwood work at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)