|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
(a) Punching holes in leather.
(b) Sewing hats.
(c) Cleaning shelves.
(d) Plucking chickens.
2. Why does Hurstwood stay in his loveless marriage?
(a) He would feel too guilty to leave.
(b) He loves his children.
(c) He feels the image is important.
(d) A divorce would be expensive.
3. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
(a) She calls on the phone.
(b) She sends a telegraph.
(c) She tells her in person.
(d) She leaves a note.
4. Who is Mrs. Hurstwood more interested in than her husband?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her friends at the country club.
(c) Her neighbors.
(d) Her secret lover.
5. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her lack of skills.
(c) Her youth.
(d) Her recent sickness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carrie not allow Drouet to walk her to the train platform?
2. What about Hanson does Carrie not like at all when she first lives with him and her sister?
3. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
4. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
5. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)