|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Drouet talk to Hurstwood about the night after he meets Carrie?
2. Why is Carrie afraid to leave the situation with Drouet even though she knows that it compromises her moral virtue?
(a) She thinks her family will not accept her now.
(b) She is too attached to all the fine things Drouet has bought for her.
(c) Drouet has threatened her.
(d) She is in love with Drouet, and fears he will find someone else if she leaves.
3. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
4. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
(a) He is worried.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He misses the money she brought in.
5. Why does Carrie's sister insist she keep her horrible job?
(a) She wants Carrie out of the house during the day.
(b) Her husband has just lost his job.
(c) She does not want Carrie to be a quitter.
(d) They need the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
2. Where does Drouet spend his time the night after he meets Carrie?
3. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
4. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
5. What does Sven spend most of his spare time doing when Carrie first stays with him and her sister?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)