|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
(a) She wants to buy something else.
(b) She wants to repay her sister for missed rent.
(c) She does not want her sister to ask where she got the money.
(d) She wants to save it for a nicer coat.
2. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is worried.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He misses the money she brought in.
3. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
(a) Her shyness.
(b) Her recent sickness.
(c) Her lack of skills.
(d) Her youth.
4. What does Drouet talk to Hurstwood about the night after he meets Carrie?
5. How many rooms are in the apartment that Carrie shares with Drouet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carrie afraid to leave the situation with Drouet even though she knows that it compromises her moral virtue?
2. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with Carrie the first time he visits her while Drouet is away?
3. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
4. What about Hanson does Carrie not like at all when she first lives with him and her sister?
5. What does Carrie plan to do with her salary when she does find a job?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)