|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
(a) She leaves a note.
(b) She tells her in person.
(c) She calls on the phone.
(d) She sends a telegraph.
2. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A purse.
(d) A jacket.
3. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
(a) Her recent sickness.
(b) Her shyness.
(c) Her lack of skills.
(d) Her youth.
4. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
(a) A millinery.
(b) The railroad.
(c) The industrial district.
(d) The wholesale district.
5. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
(a) Cleaning shelves.
(b) Punching holes in leather.
(c) Sewing hats.
(d) Plucking chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Carrie to lose her first job in Chicago?
2. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
3. What does Sven spend most of his spare time doing when Carrie first stays with him and her sister?
4. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
5. Who is Mrs. Hurstwood more interested in than her husband?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)