|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows Carrie to do so well after the third act of the play?
(a) Her joy of acting.
(b) The note sent by Hurstwood.
(c) The attention from her two lovers.
(d) The cheers of the crowd.
2. Why does Hurstwood stop wearing his nice clothes?
(a) He loses all hope of finding work.
(b) He doesn't want to waste them.
(c) He doesn't feel worthy of them.
(d) He does not have the energy.
3. What group does Drouet join just after Carrie's affair with Hurstwood begins?
(a) The Masons.
(b) The Rowing Team.
(c) The Racing Club.
(d) The Elk Lodge.
4. Why does Carrie feel she can no longer trust Hurstwood after her confrontation with Drouet about her affair?
(a) His wife comes to her and tells her about his lack of fortune.
(b) He has lied to her about his actual success in business.
(c) She finds out he is married.
(d) She hears some horrible rumors about him.
5. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood see when he first drives a trolley out in public?
2. What does Hurstwood do after angry strikers at the trolley station attack him?
3. What causes the actors in the play to be jealous of Carrie?
4. Who does Hurstwood see is staying at the same hotel he is?
5. What kind of seat does Hurstwood purchase for himself at the play?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)