|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hurstwood to stop looking for work?
(b) Lack of funds.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) An illness.
2. How does Carrie respond in her letter to Hurstwood after receiving one from him while she is out looking for work?
(a) She asks him to forgive her for her impudence.
(b) She begs him to explain himself and his lies.
(c) She does not respond.
(d) She tells him goodbye.
3. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
(a) She wants to repay her sister for missed rent.
(b) She wants to buy something else.
(c) She does not want her sister to ask where she got the money.
(d) She wants to save it for a nicer coat.
4. What does Hurstwood do after angry strikers at the trolley station attack him?
(b) Fights back.
(d) Presses charges.
5. Why does Hurstwood stop coming home from dinner after a few months of married life?
(a) He and Carrie fight too much.
(b) He gets busy at work.
(c) He finds his domestic life boring.
(d) He feels Carrie's resentment when he's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie do with Mrs. Hale that makes her very depressed?
2. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with Carrie the first time he visits her while Drouet is away?
3. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
4. Why is Carrie afraid to leave the situation with Drouet even though she knows that it compromises her moral virtue?
5. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)