|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Hurstwood get when his partnership dissolves?
2. What does Hurstwood say he must do when he hears about the play being put on by Drouet's group?
(a) Shut down Drouet's group.
(b) Attend the play.
(c) Get Carrie out of Chicago.
(d) Keep Carrie from attending.
3. Why does Carrie feel she needs to find another job after a month or two?
(a) She is too talented for where she is working.
(b) She does not like her boss.
(c) She is not being paid enough.
(d) Her current company is leaving town.
4. What surprising news does Drouet tell Carrie about Hurstwood when he confronts her about their affair together?
(a) Hurstwood has many girlfriends.
(b) Hurstwood is married.
(c) Hurstwood has a grave illness.
(d) Hurstwood has been in cahoots with him all along.
5. Why does Mr. Hurstwood refuse to help his wife show some of their friends around town one night?
(a) He is too busy.
(b) He does not feel like talking to people he does not like.
(c) He has to work.
(d) He hates being around his wife for longer than an hour at a time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do when Carrie suspects Hurstwood's motives for getting her on the train?
2. How many rooms are in the apartment that Carrie shares with Drouet?
3. What does Hurstwood do after angry strikers at the trolley station attack him?
4. What does Hurstwood tell Drouet he will do about the play being put on by Drouet's group?
5. Who does Carrie go to live when she decides to leave Hurstwood?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)