|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood stay in his loveless marriage?
(a) He would feel too guilty to leave.
(b) He feels the image is important.
(c) He loves his children.
(d) A divorce would be expensive.
2. What would Carrie have had to her name had she decided to leave Drouet as planned?
(a) Half of Drouet's estate.
(b) The clothes on her back and a few dollars.
(c) The residual money from Drouet's work with the Masons.
(d) The rights to the plays she wrote with Drouet.
3. What does Carrie beg Hurstwood to do when Mrs. Vance comes to visit her?
(a) Put on some nice clothes.
(b) Leave the flat.
(c) Stay out of sight.
(d) Be polite and funny if possible.
4. What is Hurstwood doing when Carrie thinks he is out looking for a job?
(b) Reading in the library.
(c) Going to the theater.
(d) Sleeping in the park.
5. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with Carrie the first time he visits her while Drouet is away?
(a) Buys her a new outfit.
(b) Takes her to the fanciest restaurant in town.
(c) Teaches her a card game.
(d) Takes her to the theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Hurstwood give his friends for his wife's absence at the play?
2. What does Carrie find has happened in her apartment when she returns from looking for work?
3. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
4. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
5. Why does Hurstwood stop coming home from dinner after a few months of married life?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)