|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Hurstwood have to pay for interest in a bar?
2. What name does Drouet call Carrie when he is with the group he joins during Carrie's affair with Hurstwood?
3. What does Hurstwood do to keep from having to ask Carrie for so much of her hard earned money?
(a) Opens lines of credit.
(b) Finds a side job.
(c) Borrows money from a friend.
(d) Cuts back on his spending.
4. How does Hurstwood get Carrie to come with him after receiving the letter telling him that their relationship is over?
(a) He shows her his divorce papers.
(b) He showers her with gifts.
(c) He tells her Drouet is injured.
(d) He promises to take her to New York.
5. Why does Hurstwood stop wearing his nice clothes?
(a) He loses all hope of finding work.
(b) He does not have the energy.
(c) He doesn't want to waste them.
(d) He doesn't feel worthy of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
2. What surprising news does Drouet tell Carrie about Hurstwood when he confronts her about their affair together?
3. What does Carrie find has happened in her apartment when she returns from looking for work?
4. What does Mrs. Hurstwood tell her husband that she expects from him during his affair?
5. What is Hurstwood doing when Carrie thinks he is out looking for a job?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)