|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do to help calm Carrie's nerves on stage?
(a) Cheers with much enthusiasm.
(b) Throws flowers on stage.
(c) Sends a note of love to her.
(d) Tells Drouet to go to her and speak encouraging words.
2. What causes the actors in the play to be jealous of Carrie?
(a) Her natural talent.
(b) Her way with people.
(c) The admiration she receives.
(d) Her beauty.
3. What does Hurstwood do after angry strikers at the trolley station attack him?
(c) Presses charges.
(d) Fights back.
4. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
(a) A millinery.
(b) The wholesale district.
(c) The industrial district.
(d) The railroad.
5. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
(a) She wants to save it for a nicer coat.
(b) She does not want her sister to ask where she got the money.
(c) She wants to repay her sister for missed rent.
(d) She wants to buy something else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood say he must do when he hears about the play being put on by Drouet's group?
2. How many rooms are in the apartment that Carrie shares with Drouet?
3. What does Hurstwood do to keep from having to ask Carrie for so much of her hard earned money?
4. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
5. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)