|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carrie respond in her letter to Hurstwood after receiving one from him while she is out looking for work?
(a) She tells him goodbye.
(b) She asks him to forgive her for her impudence.
(c) She does not respond.
(d) She begs him to explain himself and his lies.
2. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) He writes a bad check.
(c) He uses Drouet's money.
(d) He has stolen money from work.
3. What name does Drouet call Carrie when he is with the group he joins during Carrie's affair with Hurstwood?
4. What group does Drouet join just after Carrie's affair with Hurstwood begins?
(a) The Racing Club.
(b) The Rowing Team.
(c) The Elk Lodge.
(d) The Masons.
5. What surprising news does Drouet tell Carrie about Hurstwood when he confronts her about their affair together?
(a) Hurstwood is married.
(b) Hurstwood has been in cahoots with him all along.
(c) Hurstwood has many girlfriends.
(d) Hurstwood has a grave illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie do with the extra money she gets from the raise at her first job in New York?
2. What does Carrie do with Mrs. Hale that makes her very depressed?
3. Why does Carrie feel she needs to find another job after a month or two?
4. What does Hurstwood do when he returns home day after day without finding another job?
5. How does Carrie feel about the couple that moves in to the flat across the hall from her and Hurstwood?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)