|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Hurstwood have to pay for interest in a bar?
2. How do Carrie and Hurstwood pay to furnish their new apartment together?
(a) On credit.
(b) With money Carrie stole from Drouet.
(c) With money from Hurstwood's new job.
(d) With the money Hurstwood stole.
3. What does Carrie beg Hurstwood to do when Mrs. Vance comes to visit her?
(a) Stay out of sight.
(b) Be polite and funny if possible.
(c) Put on some nice clothes.
(d) Leave the flat.
4. What does Hurstwood tell Drouet he will do about the play being put on by Drouet's group?
(a) Keep people from attending.
(b) Publicize for them.
(c) Shut it down.
(d) Help in the direction of it.
5. What does Carrie leave for Hurstwood when she moves out of his flat?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Their marriage certificate.
(c) A note saying that she still loves him.
(d) A picture of them together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Carrie afraid to leave the situation with Drouet even though she knows that it compromises her moral virtue?
2. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
3. When does Hurstwood have to be present at the resort?
4. Why does Drouet beg Carrie not to move out of his apartment?
5. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)