|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie leave for Hurstwood when she moves out of his flat?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) A note saying that she still loves him.
(c) Their marriage certificate.
(d) A picture of them together.
2. What does Carrie think about the men she works with at her first job in Chicago?
(a) They are strange and distant.
(b) They are coarse and unrefined.
(c) They are big and brawny.
(d) They are kind and selfless.
3. Why is Carrie hesitant to leave Drouet and run away with Hurstwood?
(a) She still has feelings for him.
(b) She has been so happy with her situation.
(c) She likes being loved by two men.
(d) Hurstwood is older than Drouet.
4. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
(a) She wants to repay her sister for missed rent.
(b) She wants to save it for a nicer coat.
(c) She wants to buy something else.
(d) She does not want her sister to ask where she got the money.
5. What does Carrie beg Hurstwood to do when Mrs. Vance comes to visit her?
(a) Stay out of sight.
(b) Be polite and funny if possible.
(c) Put on some nice clothes.
(d) Leave the flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Carrie find her second job in New York?
2. Why does Drouet beg Carrie not to move out of his apartment?
3. Why does Hurstwood stop wearing his nice clothes?
4. How does Carrie feel about being the breadwinner at her home now?
5. Why is Carrie afraid to leave the situation with Drouet even though she knows that it compromises her moral virtue?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)