|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
(a) Plucking chickens.
(b) Sewing hats.
(c) Cleaning shelves.
(d) Punching holes in leather.
2. Why is Carrie afraid to leave the situation with Drouet even though she knows that it compromises her moral virtue?
(a) Drouet has threatened her.
(b) She is too attached to all the fine things Drouet has bought for her.
(c) She thinks her family will not accept her now.
(d) She is in love with Drouet, and fears he will find someone else if she leaves.
3. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
(a) A grocery market.
(b) A department store.
(c) A shoe factory.
(d) A hat shop.
4. How does Mrs. Hurstwood spend her day?
5. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
(a) A jacket.
(b) An apartment.
(d) A purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hurstwood get upset about when she is at dinner one night with her family?
2. When does Hurstwood have to be present at the resort?
3. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
4. Who is Mrs. Hurstwood more interested in than her husband?
5. Why does Mr. Hurstwood refuse to help his wife show some of their friends around town one night?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)