|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
(a) A purse.
(b) A jacket.
(c) An apartment.
2. What does Carrie's first job in Chicago entail?
(a) Sewing hats.
(b) Punching holes in leather.
(c) Plucking chickens.
(d) Cleaning shelves.
3. What does Carrie think about the men she works with at her first job in Chicago?
(a) They are kind and selfless.
(b) They are big and brawny.
(c) They are coarse and unrefined.
(d) They are strange and distant.
4. Why does Mr. Hurstwood refuse to help his wife show some of their friends around town one night?
(a) He is too busy.
(b) He does not feel like talking to people he does not like.
(c) He has to work.
(d) He hates being around his wife for longer than an hour at a time.
5. How does Hanson feel about having Carrie out of the house?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is worried.
(d) He misses the money she brought in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood not care about Carrie's relationship with Drouet as he begins to pursue her?
2. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
3. What is Carrie told she is lacking as she tries to find a job in Chicago?
4. Why does Hurstwood stay in his loveless marriage?
5. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)