|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie think about the men she works with at her first job in Chicago?
(a) They are kind and selfless.
(b) They are strange and distant.
(c) They are big and brawny.
(d) They are coarse and unrefined.
2. Where does Carrie finally find a job after an entire day of searching?
(a) A shoe factory.
(b) A hat shop.
(c) A grocery market.
(d) A department store.
3. What causes the actors in the play to be jealous of Carrie?
(a) The admiration she receives.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her way with people.
(d) Her natural talent.
4. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
(b) A jacket.
(c) A purse.
(d) An apartment.
5. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
(a) Talking quietly in Carrie's new apartment.
(b) Attending lavish parties.
(c) Going out on the town.
(d) Looking for a job for Carrie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood say he must do when he hears about the play being put on by Drouet's group?
2. Why does Hurstwood stay in his loveless marriage?
3. Where is the first place in Chicago that Carrie goes to find work?
4. What does Mr. Hurstwood do with Carrie the first time he visits her while Drouet is away?
5. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)