|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
(a) Return it.
(b) Buy Drouet lunch.
(c) Buy a train ticket.
(d) Buy her niece a coat.
2. Where is Carrie told she must go to pursue her chosen line of work?
(a) New York.
(b) The theater district.
(d) San Francisco.
3. What would Carrie have had to her name had she decided to leave Drouet as planned?
(a) The residual money from Drouet's work with the Masons.
(b) The clothes on her back and a few dollars.
(c) Half of Drouet's estate.
(d) The rights to the plays she wrote with Drouet.
4. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She tells him.
(c) She embraces him.
(d) She blushes and cries.
5. What does Hurstwood discourage Carrie from doing after they are married and in a new apartment?
(a) Leaving the apartment.
(b) Buying clothes.
(c) Contacting Drouet.
(d) Finding work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do to help calm Carrie's nerves on stage?
2. How do Carrie and Hurstwood pay to furnish their new apartment together?
3. What does Carrie find has happened in her apartment when she returns from looking for work?
4. What kind of seat does Hurstwood purchase for himself at the play?
5. What allows Carrie to do so well after the third act of the play?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)