|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood stop coming home from dinner after a few months of married life?
(a) He gets busy at work.
(b) He feels Carrie's resentment when he's home.
(c) He and Carrie fight too much.
(d) He finds his domestic life boring.
2. How do Carrie and Hurstwood pay to furnish their new apartment together?
(a) With the money Hurstwood stole.
(b) On credit.
(c) With money from Hurstwood's new job.
(d) With money Carrie stole from Drouet.
3. Why does Carrie feel she can no longer trust Hurstwood after her confrontation with Drouet about her affair?
(a) He has lied to her about his actual success in business.
(b) She hears some horrible rumors about him.
(c) She finds out he is married.
(d) His wife comes to her and tells her about his lack of fortune.
4. What would Carrie have had to her name had she decided to leave Drouet as planned?
(a) The clothes on her back and a few dollars.
(b) The residual money from Drouet's work with the Masons.
(c) Half of Drouet's estate.
(d) The rights to the plays she wrote with Drouet.
5. What does Hurstwood tell his friends to do when they go to the play put on by Drouet's group?
(a) Leave half way through.
(b) Boo the whole time.
(c) Wear formal attire.
(d) Cheer for Carrie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the audience hear Carrie in the play?
2. How does Carrie respond in her letter to Hurstwood after receiving one from him while she is out looking for work?
3. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
4. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
5. What allows Carrie to do so well after the third act of the play?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)