|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carrie feel about the couple that moves in to the flat across the hall from her and Hurstwood?
(a) She is excited to make new friends.
(b) She is afraid they will recognize her.
(c) She thinks they are flaunting their happiness to her.
(d) She is embarrassed to be seen with them.
2. Why does Mr. Hurstwood refuse to help his wife show some of their friends around town one night?
(a) He does not feel like talking to people he does not like.
(b) He hates being around his wife for longer than an hour at a time.
(c) He has to work.
(d) He is too busy.
3. Why does Carrie feel she can no longer trust Hurstwood after her confrontation with Drouet about her affair?
(a) He has lied to her about his actual success in business.
(b) She hears some horrible rumors about him.
(c) His wife comes to her and tells her about his lack of fortune.
(d) She finds out he is married.
4. What does Mrs. Hurstwood get upset about when she is at dinner one night with her family?
(a) Her husband does not notice her new hair style.
(b) Her husband did not get an expected raise.
(c) Her husband was seen with Carrie.
(d) Her husband went to the theater without her.
5. What does Carrie do with Mrs. Hale that makes her very depressed?
(a) Goes on a carriage ride through a luxurious area of town.
(b) Goes to a very sad play.
(c) Sees Drouet at dinner with another woman.
(d) Speaks about all the things they wish they had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
2. Where is Carrie told she must go to pursue her chosen line of work?
3. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
4. Why does Hurstwood stop coming home from dinner after a few months of married life?
5. What reason does Hurstwood give his friends for his wife's absence at the play?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)