|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carrie feel she can no longer trust Hurstwood after her confrontation with Drouet about her affair?
(a) He has lied to her about his actual success in business.
(b) His wife comes to her and tells her about his lack of fortune.
(c) She finds out he is married.
(d) She hears some horrible rumors about him.
2. How does Carrie respond in her letter to Hurstwood after receiving one from him while she is out looking for work?
(a) She asks him to forgive her for her impudence.
(b) She begs him to explain himself and his lies.
(c) She does not respond.
(d) She tells him goodbye.
3. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
(a) She leaves a note.
(b) She sends a telegraph.
(c) She calls on the phone.
(d) She tells her in person.
4. What reason does Hurstwood give his friends for his wife's absence at the play?
(a) She does not like theater.
(b) She is visiting relatives.
(c) She is sick.
(d) Their daughter is sick.
5. Why does Hurstwood stop coming home from dinner after a few months of married life?
(a) He and Carrie fight too much.
(b) He gets busy at work.
(c) He finds his domestic life boring.
(d) He feels Carrie's resentment when he's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carrie find has happened in her apartment when she returns from looking for work?
2. How do Carrie and Drouet spend their nights after Carrie moves out of her sister's house?
3. How do Carrie and Hurstwood pay to furnish their new apartment together?
4. Which of the following does Drouet NOT buy for Carrie the day after giving her the $20?
5. What kind of seat does Hurstwood purchase for himself at the play?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)