|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
(a) She tells him.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She embraces him.
(d) She blushes and cries.
2. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
(a) Buy a train ticket.
(b) Return it.
(c) Buy Drouet lunch.
(d) Buy her niece a coat.
3. What would Carrie have had to her name had she decided to leave Drouet as planned?
(a) The rights to the plays she wrote with Drouet.
(b) The clothes on her back and a few dollars.
(c) Half of Drouet's estate.
(d) The residual money from Drouet's work with the Masons.
4. Why does Mr. Hurstwood refuse to help his wife show some of their friends around town one night?
(a) He does not feel like talking to people he does not like.
(b) He hates being around his wife for longer than an hour at a time.
(c) He has to work.
(d) He is too busy.
5. Where is Carrie told she must go to pursue her chosen line of work?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) The theater district.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
2. What allows Carrie to do so well after the third act of the play?
3. How does Carrie feel about the couple that moves in to the flat across the hall from her and Hurstwood?
4. What does Carrie find has happened in her apartment when she returns from looking for work?
5. Why does Carrie not buy a jacket with the money Drouet gave her?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)