|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 33 | Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Carrie show Hurstwood that she loves him?
(a) She embraces him.
(b) She blushes and cries.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She tells him.
2. What allows Carrie to do so well after the third act of the play?
(a) The attention from her two lovers.
(b) The cheers of the crowd.
(c) Her joy of acting.
(d) The note sent by Hurstwood.
3. How does Carrie tell her sister that she is moving out of her house?
(a) She calls on the phone.
(b) She sends a telegraph.
(c) She tells her in person.
(d) She leaves a note.
4. What does Carrie find has happened in her apartment when she returns from looking for work?
(a) She is being evicted.
(b) She has been robbed.
(c) Drouet has retrieved the rest of his things.
(d) Hurstwood is there waiting.
5. What does Carrie decide to do with the money Drouet gave her when she meets him the next day?
(a) Buy a train ticket.
(b) Buy her niece a coat.
(c) Return it.
(d) Buy Drouet lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Carrie feel she can no longer trust Hurstwood after her confrontation with Drouet about her affair?
2. What does Hurstwood do to help calm Carrie's nerves on stage?
3. Why does Mr. Hurstwood refuse to help his wife show some of their friends around town one night?
4. Why does Hurstwood stop coming home from dinner after a few months of married life?
5. What does Hurstwood tell his friends to do when they go to the play put on by Drouet's group?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)