|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carrie tell Hurstwood she would have to leave Chicago if she were to leave Drouet?
(a) She would want a new start with a new love.
(b) She would not want to be reminded of him.
(c) She would feel too guilty if she saw him on the street.
(d) She would be afraid he would find them.
2. Why does Hurstwood not want to divorce his wife even though he loves Carrie?
(a) He knows most of his money would go to his family.
(b) He wants to avoid a scandal.
(c) He is afraid of his wife.
(d) It would be too expensive.
3. Carrie tells Drouet that Hurstwood visited her how many times when they began their affair while Drouet was away on his business trip?
(b) Four times.
(d) Three Times.
4. How does Hurstwood get Carrie to come with him after receiving the letter telling him that their relationship is over?
(a) He shows her his divorce papers.
(b) He showers her with gifts.
(c) He promises to take her to New York.
(d) He tells her Drouet is injured.
5. How did Hurstwood leave himself open to be sued for divorce?
(a) He quit his job and ignored the letters from the police.
(b) He did not meet with his wife to make reconciliation.
(c) He ignored the letters of the lawyers.
(d) He was unfaithful to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
2. Who comes to Carrie's flat demanding money after Carrie has been working for about a month in New York?
3. How does Hurstwood find out about some job openings after a man comes to his flat demanding money?
4. Where does Hurstwood tell Carrie Drouet is when he takes her to the train station?
5. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood to do after a man comes to her flat demanding money?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)