|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hurstwood leave himself open to be sued for divorce?
(a) He quit his job and ignored the letters from the police.
(b) He ignored the letters of the lawyers.
(c) He did not meet with his wife to make reconciliation.
(d) He was unfaithful to his wife.
2. Carrie tells Drouet that Hurstwood visited her how many times when they began their affair while Drouet was away on his business trip?
(a) Four times.
(c) Three Times.
3. Why are there some extra job openings in New York when someone comes to Hurstwood's flat demanding a bill be paid?
(a) There is a union strike going on.
(b) Many people are moving out west for the land.
(c) There is a war.
(d) A new factory has opened up.
4. Why is Carrie unable to pay the person who comes to her flat demanding money?
(a) She does not get her next paycheck for 3 more days.
(b) She knows nothing of this debt.
(c) The sum is too high.
(d) She has just paid her rent.
5. How do Carrie and Hurstwood decide to communicate in order to keep their affair secret from Drouet?
(b) Phone calls.
(d) Private messenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do when Carrie suspects Hurstwood's motives for getting her on the train?
2. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
3. Who comes to Carrie's flat demanding money after Carrie has been working for about a month in New York?
4. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood to do after a man comes to her flat demanding money?
5. Where does Hurstwood tell Carrie Drouet is when he takes her to the train station?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)