|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood not want to divorce his wife even though he loves Carrie?
(a) He wants to avoid a scandal.
(b) He knows most of his money would go to his family.
(c) It would be too expensive.
(d) He is afraid of his wife.
2. Where does Hurstwood decide to look for a job after someone comes to his flat demanding a bill be paid?
(a) A bar.
(b) The trolley yard.
(c) The train station.
(d) A department store.
3. Why are there some extra job openings in New York when someone comes to Hurstwood's flat demanding a bill be paid?
(a) There is a union strike going on.
(b) There is a war.
(c) A new factory has opened up.
(d) Many people are moving out west for the land.
4. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
(a) The chance to leave Drouet.
(b) The financial opportunities.
(c) The possibility of true love.
(d) The secrecy and mystery.
5. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood to do after a man comes to her flat demanding money?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Explain how the debt was incurred.
(c) Pay the man.
(d) Fight the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hurstwood find out about some job openings after a man comes to his flat demanding money?
2. Carrie tells Drouet that Hurstwood visited her how many times when they began their affair while Drouet was away on his business trip?
3. How do Carrie and Hurstwood decide to communicate in order to keep their affair secret from Drouet?
4. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
5. What does Hurstwood do when Carrie suspects Hurstwood's motives for getting her on the train?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)