|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurstwood do when Carrie suspects Hurstwood's motives for getting her on the train?
(a) Lies about Drouet.
(b) Promises to make her a big star in New York.
(c) Gives her some money.
(d) Begs her to stay with him.
2. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) He has stolen money from work.
(c) He writes a bad check.
(d) He uses Drouet's money.
3. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
(a) The possibility of true love.
(b) The chance to leave Drouet.
(c) The financial opportunities.
(d) The secrecy and mystery.
4. Why does Hurstwood not want to divorce his wife even though he loves Carrie?
(a) He knows most of his money would go to his family.
(b) He is afraid of his wife.
(c) It would be too expensive.
(d) He wants to avoid a scandal.
5. Why are there some extra job openings in New York when someone comes to Hurstwood's flat demanding a bill be paid?
(a) There is a union strike going on.
(b) A new factory has opened up.
(c) There is a war.
(d) Many people are moving out west for the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hurstwood get Carrie to come with him after receiving the letter telling him that their relationship is over?
2. How did Hurstwood leave himself open to be sued for divorce?
3. Why is Carrie unable to pay the person who comes to her flat demanding money?
4. Where does Hurstwood tell Carrie Drouet is when he takes her to the train station?
5. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood to do after a man comes to her flat demanding money?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)