|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hurstwood not want to divorce his wife even though he loves Carrie?
(a) He knows most of his money would go to his family.
(b) It would be too expensive.
(c) He wants to avoid a scandal.
(d) He is afraid of his wife.
2. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
(a) He has stolen money from work.
(b) He writes a bad check.
(c) He uses Drouet's money.
(d) He pawns his watch.
3. Why is Carrie unable to pay the person who comes to her flat demanding money?
(a) She does not get her next paycheck for 3 more days.
(b) She has just paid her rent.
(c) The sum is too high.
(d) She knows nothing of this debt.
4. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood to do after a man comes to her flat demanding money?
(a) Fight the man.
(b) Pay the man.
(c) Explain how the debt was incurred.
(d) Get a job.
5. How did Hurstwood leave himself open to be sued for divorce?
(a) He quit his job and ignored the letters from the police.
(b) He ignored the letters of the lawyers.
(c) He was unfaithful to his wife.
(d) He did not meet with his wife to make reconciliation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
2. Why are there some extra job openings in New York when someone comes to Hurstwood's flat demanding a bill be paid?
3. Why does Carrie tell Hurstwood she would have to leave Chicago if she were to leave Drouet?
4. How does Hurstwood find out about some job openings after a man comes to his flat demanding money?
5. How do Carrie and Hurstwood decide to communicate in order to keep their affair secret from Drouet?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)