|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hurstwood see is staying at the same hotel he is?
(c) His boss.
(d) The mayor.
2. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood to do after a man comes to her flat demanding money?
(a) Explain how the debt was incurred.
(b) Pay the man.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Fight the man.
3. How did Hurstwood leave himself open to be sued for divorce?
(a) He quit his job and ignored the letters from the police.
(b) He did not meet with his wife to make reconciliation.
(c) He was unfaithful to his wife.
(d) He ignored the letters of the lawyers.
4. Why is Carrie unable to pay the person who comes to her flat demanding money?
(a) The sum is too high.
(b) She knows nothing of this debt.
(c) She has just paid her rent.
(d) She does not get her next paycheck for 3 more days.
5. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
(a) He uses Drouet's money.
(b) He writes a bad check.
(c) He pawns his watch.
(d) He has stolen money from work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are there some extra job openings in New York when someone comes to Hurstwood's flat demanding a bill be paid?
2. How does Hurstwood get Carrie to come with him after receiving the letter telling him that their relationship is over?
3. Where does Hurstwood decide to look for a job after someone comes to his flat demanding a bill be paid?
4. What excites Carrie so much about her budding relationship with Hurstwood before anyone finds out about it?
5. How do Carrie and Hurstwood decide to communicate in order to keep their affair secret from Drouet?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)