|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to Carrie's flat demanding money after Carrie has been working for about a month in New York?
(a) The butcher.
(b) Hurstwood's gambling buddy.
(c) A loan shark.
(d) The grocer.
2. How does Hurstwood find out about some job openings after a man comes to his flat demanding money?
(a) From Carrie.
(b) From his old partner.
(c) From a friend.
(d) In the newspaper.
3. What does Mrs. Hurstwood ask her husband to get for her shortly after his affair with Carrie begins?
(a) A new spring wardrobe.
(b) A guided tour of Europe in the summer.
(c) Season tickets to the horse races.
(d) A carriage.
4. How did Hurstwood leave himself open to be sued for divorce?
(a) He ignored the letters of the lawyers.
(b) He quit his job and ignored the letters from the police.
(c) He was unfaithful to his wife.
(d) He did not meet with his wife to make reconciliation.
5. How does Hurstwood pay for the train tickets to New York?
(a) He pawns his watch.
(b) He has stolen money from work.
(c) He writes a bad check.
(d) He uses Drouet's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hurstwood get Carrie to come with him after receiving the letter telling him that their relationship is over?
2. How do Carrie and Hurstwood decide to communicate in order to keep their affair secret from Drouet?
3. Why does Carrie tell Hurstwood she would have to leave Chicago if she were to leave Drouet?
4. What does Carrie tell Hurstwood to do after a man comes to her flat demanding money?
5. Why does Hurstwood not want to divorce his wife even though he loves Carrie?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)