Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. Where does Carrie live before the book begins?
(b) New York.
2. What brings Charles Drouet the greatest joy in the world?
(a) Playing with children.
(b) Impressing strangers.
(c) Showing attention to ladies.
(d) Making money.
3. Why does Carrie not allow Drouet to walk her to the train platform?
(a) She does not want her sister to see him.
(b) She is in a hurry.
(c) She wants to appear independent.
(d) It would not be proper.
4. What does Sven spend most of his spare time doing when Carrie first stays with him and her sister?
(a) Drinking and sleeping.
(b) Looking for more work to do.
(c) Reading the paper and playing with their baby.
(d) Smoking and thinking.
5. How much rent is Carrie expected to pay for staying with her sister?
(a) $14 a month.
(b) $4 a month.
(c) $40 a month.
(d) $1.40 a month.
6. What keeps Carrie from finding a job when she first starts looking for one in Chicago?
(a) Her lack of skills.
(b) Her youth.
(c) Her shyness.
(d) Her recent sickness.
This section contains 5,385 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)