|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Chiquita not do?
2. Which part of Valerie's body feels too light?
3. How does Valerie know that Walter only recently left the house?
4. What kept Valerie's body firm at UCLA?
5. What brand of car does Chiquita's lover man help her buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Inda meet Chiquita?
2. What happens at Daniel's place?
3. Why is Valerie upset at the beginning of "Sister, Sister"?
4. What is common between the lives of Inda and Chiquita?
5. What happens when Inda runs into Chiquita again?
6. Why does Valerie decide to have an affair?
7. What happens when Valerie confronts Walter?
8. Why is Chiquita insecure?
9. What is the significance of Inda's experience with Andre?
10. How does Inda compare Andre to Walter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Valerie's problems with Walter teach her about life? Why does Valerie need to be taught this lesson at this point in this story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Valerie prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)