|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance moves can Valerie remember?
2. Where did Daniel get married?
3. Where will Chiquita not do?
4. What gives Inda a wild appearance?
5. Who does Inda think she should of married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Chiquita more shocked than Inda?
2. Why does Valerie tell Daniel she can no longer see him?
3. How close are Valerie and Inda?
4. Do the women blame each other?
5. Why is Chiquita insecure?
6. How do Valerie and Daniel say good-bye?
7. How does Inda meet Chiquita?
8. What happens at Daniel's place?
9. What does Chiquita want from her relationship?
10. What leads Inda to decide to meet Wiley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Valerie prove herself herself to be incredibly brave in this story? How does her bravery effect her life?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Valerie give up her dreams? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
Essay Topic 3
What do the the failed marriages of Valerie and Inda symbolize in context of the story? What does it meaning give the story that the two marriages don't work out?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)