|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of ring does Chiquita want from her lover man?
2. What does Inda think turns men off in a snap?
3. What does Daniel think Valerie should not hide?
4. What disturbs Chiquita about her lover man's place?
5. What brand of car does Chiquita's lover man help her buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Inda's experience with Andre?
2. How does Inda compare Andre to Walter?
3. What does Valerie do next?
4. Why is Chiquita arguing with the man outside her bathroom?
5. Why is Valerie upset at the beginning of "Sister, Sister"?
6. What happens when Valerie confronts Walter?
7. How does Valerie react to meeting Daniel?
8. Why does Valerie tell Daniel she can no longer see him?
9. What happens at Daniel's place?
10. Why does Valerie decide to have an affair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Valerie give up her dreams? How does she come to the realization that she is holding herself back?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main characters, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)