|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Audre Lorde's primary reaction to __________ is anger and she feels it is an appropriate response to this problem.
(b) The media.
2. What is the name of Audre Lorde's son who is featured within this section of the book?
3. The interview between Audre Lorde and Adrienne Rich was first published in _________ before being included in a book.
(a) The New York Times.
4. In the story of La Llorona, the mother ___________ in retaliation for her husband's infidelity, as well as doing the same to his mother.
(a) Murders her husband's father.
(b) Drowns her own children.
(c) Murders her sister.
(d) Kills herself.
5. What is NOT one of the viewpoints which is being discussed on the panel which Audre Lorde is on?
6. Audre Lorde believes that in order to stop oppression and prejudice, new __________ must be created.
7. What is the name of Audre Lorde's daughter, as she is mentioned in the book at this point?
8. In the end of Malcolm X's life, he began to bridge the gap between himself and ____________, according to Audre Lorde.
(b) The patriarchy.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) The white movement.
9. What is NOT one of the idea patterns which Audre Lorde says will harm the feminist movement?
10. Malcolm X got closer to understanding the complexities of ____________ than any other person that Audre Lorde observed.
(a) Social change.
11. Audre Lorde believes that there is a trend in America in which radical ________ is attempted by using the same tools.
12. There is a long history of support and the _________ of power within the black female community, according to Audre Lorde.
13. Audre Lorde believes that enabling her children to be ___________ with themselves is one of the best gifts she has given them.
14. It becomes necessary to expose the _________________ that can tear a community apart in order to be successful.
(a) Internal bickering.
(b) Oppressive values.
(c) Women's needs.
(d) Anger of the men.
15. The _________ of black women seem to be the only people who seem to understand and accept them for who they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Outsiders are like ___________ within a society which is based on profits, according to Audre Lorde.
2. ___________ based on anger can only destroy the past and is incapable of helping to build a new future.
3. Audre Lorde does point out that sons of lesbians have the advantage of having seen their mothers' blueprints for ____________.
4. Much of the black community is mired in ___________ due to a false sense of security or despair, according to Audre Lorde.
5. Audre Lorde feels that the ________ is incomplete without a discussion of the differences between women.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)