|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the thinking about outsiders, ____________ are considered best either ignored, copied or destroyed.
2. Much of the black community is mired in ___________ due to a false sense of security or despair, according to Audre Lorde.
3. Where was Audre Lorde when she had the intense experience with the beauty of the land at the age of nineteen?
(b) New Mexico.
4. According to Audre Lorde, the __________ that black women feel begins to become most important as it is the most powerful.
5. Who commissioned the conversation between Audre Lorde and Adrienne Rich as it happens in this chapter?
(a) Richard Staples.
(b) Joseph Moyers.
(c) Mary Daly.
(d) Marilyn Hacker.
6. Audre Lorde feels that when she does have anger, it is most easily expressed toward _______________.
(a) Other black women.
(b) White women.
(d) White men.
7. Where was Audre Lorde when she learned that Martin Luther King had been killed?
(a) On a walk through town.
(b) Carnegie Hall.
8. The __________ are easily conquered, according to Audre Lorde as she speaks and as she writers.
9. In the story of La Llorona, the mother ___________ in retaliation for her husband's infidelity, as well as doing the same to his mother.
(a) Drowns her own children.
(b) Murders her sister.
(c) Kills herself.
(d) Murders her husband's father.
10. As a child, Audre Lorde began to wonder if _______ meant bad, according to her essay.
11. Audre Lorde urges the _________ to look inside themselves in order to begin to create change.
12. Society would prefer that _________ be the woman's only route to social fulfillment.
13. ________ is such a commonplace feeling for black women that Audre Lorde herself sees no reason not to inflict it upon another.
14. Who in Audre Lorde's life used to make up words when they could not come up with the word they needed?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her brother.
15. ___________ is the fury of those who do not share our goals and its object is death and destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some white women, according to Audre Lorde, restrict themselves to the __________ community and this angers Lorde.
2. Audre Lorde feels that her son will have to forge his own ___________ without a clear model or someone to rebel against.
3. What does Audre Lorde feel can be achieved when people begin to recognize the differences in each other?
4. One of the main problems Audre Lorde saw during the 1960s was a perceived need for __________ in the movement.
5. Audre Lorde believes there are two reactions which are of no help to anyone - ___________ and defensiveness.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)