|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Audre Lorde believes that there is a trend in America in which radical ________ is attempted by using the same tools.
2. What is NOT one of the viewpoints which is being discussed on the panel which Audre Lorde is on?
3. Malcolm X got closer to understanding the complexities of ____________ than any other person that Audre Lorde observed.
(d) Social change.
4. Who does Audre Lorde accuse of focusing on the struggles of women as women, rather than as particular kinds of women?
(a) Heterosexual women.
(b) White women.
(c) Lesbian women.
(d) Black women.
5. Many women seem to dismiss Audre Lorde's anger as something which is ___________ or useless, but Lorde sees it as useful.
6. Who in Audre Lorde's life used to make up words when they could not come up with the word they needed?
(a) Her dad.
(b) Her mom.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her brother.
7. What is the name of Audre Lorde's daughter, as she is mentioned in the book at this point?
8. One of the main problems Audre Lorde saw during the 1960s was a perceived need for __________ in the movement.
9. Who commissioned the conversation between Audre Lorde and Adrienne Rich as it happens in this chapter?
(a) Marilyn Hacker.
(b) Joseph Moyers.
(c) Richard Staples.
(d) Mary Daly.
10. How old is Audre Lorde's son at the time when she has written this section?
11. _________ is a tool which can be used constructively during a moment of frustration, according to Audre Lorde.
12. Audre Lorde urges the _________ to look inside themselves in order to begin to create change.
13. ________ is such a commonplace feeling for black women that Audre Lorde herself sees no reason not to inflict it upon another.
14. Instead of telling her son to fight the bullies, Audre Lorde tells her son about how she __________________.
(a) Was afraid of bullies too.
(b) Talks to a group.
(c) Would beat up other girls.
(d) Loves him no matter what he does.
15. Audre Lorde thinks it to be wrong to bottle up anger and then later unleash it on a/an _________________.
(a) Unwitting pet.
(b) Innocent party.
(c) Family member.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audre Lorde posits that black women have troubles connecting with each other because of a fear of each other's __________.
2. Audre Lorde cites a bias against _________ as one of the examples of how classism can impact society.
3. ___________ based on anger can only destroy the past and is incapable of helping to build a new future.
4. Rich asks Audre Lorde why she calls two of her poems ___________ when she speaks of them.
5. Audre Lorde believes that many women would rather group all women into a ___________ than to look at differences.
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)