|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Audre Lorde, the power of the erotic has the capacity to remind Lorde of the human capacity for __________ in the world.
2. American society, according to Audre Lorde, defines human __________ in a limited way, without concern for the emotions.
3. Contemplating her own ____________ gives Audre Lorde the perspective she needs in order to see the silence does not protect from fear.
4. Audre Lorde believes the article was simply a show of the proof that the black male community sees black women as a ________ rather than allies.
5. Audre Lorde sees poetry as the formation of ______________, rather than helping to express what's already there.
6. Audre Lorde sees ____________ as a group that is very visible as 'different' but also invisible as second class citizens.
(b) White women.
(c) Black children.
(d) Black women.
7. Efik Ebibio is married to a man, but actively speaks of a ___________ relationship with another married woman.
8. __________ is necessary to the female condition, according to Audre Lorde, in this section of the book.
9. Who greets Audre Lorde at the airport when she travels to Tashket, a city which reminds her of Ghana?
(a) Adrienne Rich.
(b) Her publisher.
(d) A priest.
10. Audre Lorde challenges the people at the panel to look at their lives as she looked at her possible _______________.
(b) Life experiences.
(c) Cancer treatment.
11. Audre Lorde meets a women with whom she identifies strongly, at the ___________ Collective.
12. __________ allows injustices to go unheard and fears to remain powerful, according to Audre Lorde in her talk.
(d) Book reading.
13. Women are not to ignore the power of the erotic in the service of ________, when this power can be psychically milked from them.
(b) The government.
14. There is only, according to Audre Lorde, the renewed __________ to try out the old ideas which are waiting around.
15. The dismissal of other points of view, according to Audre Lorde, act as barriers to _____________ as other forms of racism do too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of World War II, what do the Russians call this war, according to the findings of Audre Lorde?
2. Mary Daly is the __________ female author of "Gyn/Ecology: The Metaethics of Radical Feminism."
3. The piece that Audre Lorde writes to Mary Daly was written after the murder of _______ black women in the Boston area.
4. Audre Lorde accuses Daly of using her _________ to legitimize her writing in the eyes of black women readers.
5. Black __________ are even more threatening, according to Audre Lorde, since they do not fit into a _____________.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)