|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In dreams that Audre Lorde has after her trip to Russia, she begins to believe that Russia became a mythic representation of that ___________ does not yet exist anywhere she has been.
2. Instead of World War II, what do the Russians call this war, according to the findings of Audre Lorde?
(a) Great Patriotic War.
(b) The World War III.
(c) The Good War.
(d) The Bad War.
3. Efik Ebibio is married to a man, but actively speaks of a ___________ relationship with another married woman.
4. The _______ that the black men manifest toward black women would, according to Audre Lorde, be more effective as a force for greater change.
5. Hopes and __________ are transformed into language through poetry, which then can lead to action.
6. Audre Lorde points out the flaw in thinking that another group freedom of ___________ is to jeopardize one's own freedoms.
7. To Audre Lorde, the power of the erotic is summed up by her own phrase, "It _____________."
(a) Feels right to me.
(b) Feels right to my partners.
(c) Looks right to me.
(d) Feels good in my heart.
8. American society, according to Audre Lorde, defines human __________ in a limited way, without concern for the emotions.
9. Audre Lorde sees poetry as the formation of ______________, rather than helping to express what's already there.
10. Audre Lorde discusses the topic of ___________ anger against and toward black females in this section.
(a) White male.
(c) Black male.
(d) White female.
11. What imagery does Audre Lorde question in Mary Daly's book as she perceives it to be filled with white examples?
12. Audre Lorde asks the audience what __________ they might be enduring in silence rather than speaking against them.
13. Who greets Audre Lorde at the airport when she travels to Tashket, a city which reminds her of Ghana?
(a) Adrienne Rich.
(b) A priest.
(c) Her publisher.
14. When emotional concerns are ignored, the erotic becomes a simple unpleasant _______________, which takes the passion away.
15. __________ is necessary to the female condition, according to Audre Lorde, in this section of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audre Lorde sees ____________ as a group that is very visible as 'different' but also invisible as second class citizens.
2. The title of the article to which Audre Lorde decides to respond is, "The Myth of ___________: A Response to Angry Black Feminists."
3. Audre Lorde believes there are no new _________ still waiting in the wings to save us as women, as humans.
4. A women interviews Audre Lorde because the writer is doing a story about ___________.
5. Who is the author of the essay to which Audre Lorde decides to respond, as it was published in the same journal earlier in the year?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)