|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In dreams that Audre Lorde has after her trip to Russia, she begins to believe that Russia became a mythic representation of that ___________ does not yet exist anywhere she has been.
2. At a _________ state college, women tried to come together to support each other, only to be met with violence and shunned by their male peers.
(b) New York.
3. What is NOT one of the ills of life which poetry serves to cure, acting as an antidote to these ills, according to Audre Lorde?
(a) Linear power.
(b) Environmental destruction.
(c) Institutional dehumanization.
(d) Unhealthy focus on profit.
4. Audre Lorde feels that the erotic can be a tool for ____________ and an energizing force to bring about change.
(d) Black communities.
5. One of the reasons which Audre Lorde believes leads to silence in one's life is ______________.
(c) Poor community support.
(d) Poor writing.
6. Hopes and __________ are transformed into language through poetry, which then can lead to action.
7. Even if Audre Lorde was punished or misunderstood for _________, she notes that she regrets only those times when she was silent.
8. Audre Lorde begins to believe that important issues are better to be ___________ than to go unexpressed in the world.
9. Who was the person which send the copy of Mary Daly's book to Audre Lorde in order to review it?
(a) Robert Staples.
(b) Mary Daly.
(c) No one.
(d) Adrienne Rich.
10. Audre Lorde characterizes the people in Uzbekistan as being __________ as she moves through the countryside.
11. A women interviews Audre Lorde because the writer is doing a story about ___________.
(a) American blacks.
(b) Women writers.
(c) Negro policy.
(d) Black lesbians.
12. The dismissal of the black feminist point of view leads Audre Lorde to threaten _________ between or or separation.
13. What is the name of the translator that Audre Lorde brings along with her in her travels in Russia?
14. Audre Lorde accuses Daly of simply browsing the works of black women for __________, rather than actually reading them.
15. Mary Daly is the __________ female author of "Gyn/Ecology: The Metaethics of Radical Feminism."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Audre Lorde feel was left out of the book which Mary Daly has written?
2. Audre Lorde sees poetry as the formation of ______________, rather than helping to express what's already there.
3. What caused Audre Lorde to examine herself more closely, as she reveals in her talk on the panel?
4. The erotic is a depth of _______________ that women in this society are encouraged to ignore, according to Audre Lorde.
5. Audre Lorde describes a black woman who once said that ____________ would lead to the extinction of the race as a whole.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)