|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Audre Lorde says the illusion of __________ between groups is imposed on the oppressed individual by society.
2. What does Audre Lorde's guide complain about when it comes to the Russian working class?
(a) Unwillingness to learn.
(c) Choosing to play dumb.
(d) Reverse snobbery.
3. This section encompasses a talk which Audre Lorde gave during a "Lesbian and _________ Panel" in 1977.
4. Audre Lorde characterizes the people in Uzbekistan as being __________ as she moves through the countryside.
5. Audre Lorde points out that productivity in Russia is measured by ___________ and not by money as it is in other areas.
6. The piece that Audre Lorde writes to Mary Daly was written after the murder of _______ black women in the Boston area.
7. Hopes and __________ are transformed into language through poetry, which then can lead to action.
8. Expression through poetry leads to new ideas that are more easily formed on the ___________ level of poems.
9. Audre Lorde defines the erotic as both spiritual and ___________ and as a source of power in the world.
10. Audre Lorde believes the article was simply a show of the proof that the black male community sees black women as a ________ rather than allies.
11. The erotic is dangerous as once satisfaction is experienced, it is much harder for a person _____________.
(a) To settle for less.
(b) To forget.
(c) To find more.
(d) To look for more.
12. Mary Daly is the __________ female author of "Gyn/Ecology: The Metaethics of Radical Feminism."
13. Black females, according to Audre Lorde, have become a primary target for _________ whose cause is external to the black community.
14. Women are frequently taught that the erotic is only of use within the realm of __________.
(b) Power battles.
15. Black __________ are even more threatening, according to Audre Lorde, since they do not fit into a _____________.
(d) School pattern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Audre Lorde sees the Soviet Union as placing its___________ at the core of its programs, at least officially.
2. Even if Audre Lorde was punished or misunderstood for _________, she notes that she regrets only those times when she was silent.
3. The erotic is a depth of _______________ that women in this society are encouraged to ignore, according to Audre Lorde.
4. One of the reasons which Audre Lorde believes leads to silence in one's life is ______________.
5. A women interviews Audre Lorde because the writer is doing a story about ___________.
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)