|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Uses of the Erotic: The Erotic as Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Audre Lorde to examine herself more closely, as she reveals in her talk on the panel?
(a) Breast cancer.
(b) Her husband.
(c) A lover breakup.
(d) Benign breast tumor removal.
2. Women are not to ignore the power of the erotic in the service of ________, when this power can be psychically milked from them.
(b) The government.
3. Audre Lorde sees that black men encourage black women to identify themselves in terms of their ___________ to their black male partners.
4. This section encompasses a talk which Audre Lorde gave during a "Lesbian and _________ Panel" in 1977.
5. A women interviews Audre Lorde because the writer is doing a story about ___________.
(a) Negro policy.
(b) Women writers.
(c) Black lesbians.
(d) American blacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ allows injustices to go unheard and fears to remain powerful, according to Audre Lorde in her talk.
2. Audre Lorde says the illusion of __________ between groups is imposed on the oppressed individual by society.
3. When emotional concerns are ignored, the erotic becomes a simple unpleasant _______________, which takes the passion away.
4. Within the _________ community, according to Audre Lorde, members have learned to distrust each other.
5. Audre Lorde believe the forms of human blindness can be remedied through the realization that ___________ can be enriching.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)