|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Uses of the Erotic: The Erotic as Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Poetry is equivalent to _________ rather than to thinking, according to Audre Lorde, and is more essential than thesis-based writing.
2. Expression through poetry leads to new ideas that are more easily formed on the ___________ level of poems.
3. When emotional concerns are ignored, the erotic becomes a simple unpleasant _______________, which takes the passion away.
4. What caused Audre Lorde to examine herself more closely, as she reveals in her talk on the panel?
(a) Benign breast tumor removal.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Breast cancer.
(d) A lover breakup.
5. Audre Lorde makes a trip to be an observer at the Union of Soviet Writers' African-Asian Writers Conference in __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the reasons which Audre Lorde believes leads to silence in one's life is ______________.
2. While erotic is about feeling, according to Audre Lorde, __________ is devoid of feeling and about sensation only.
3. African ________ and the Amazon women of ancient Dahoney are examples Audre Lorde cites of women-identified women.
4. Audre Lorde feels that the erotic can be a tool for ____________ and an energizing force to bring about change.
5. Black __________ are even more threatening, according to Audre Lorde, since they do not fit into a _____________.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)