|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Uses of the Erotic: The Erotic as Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Audre Lorde challenges the people at the panel to look at their lives as she looked at her possible _______________.
(a) Life experiences.
(d) Cancer treatment.
2. Expression through poetry leads to new ideas that are more easily formed on the ___________ level of poems.
3. Audre Lorde believes there are no new _________ still waiting in the wings to save us as women, as humans.
4. What is NOT one of the ills of life which poetry serves to cure, acting as an antidote to these ills, according to Audre Lorde?
(a) Institutional dehumanization.
(b) Linear power.
(c) Environmental destruction.
(d) Unhealthy focus on profit.
5. Poetry is the essence of _______________, according to the feelings of Audre Lorde.
Short Answer Questions
1. When emotional concerns are ignored, the erotic becomes a simple unpleasant _______________, which takes the passion away.
2. Women are not to ignore the power of the erotic in the service of ________, when this power can be psychically milked from them.
3. What is the name of the translator that Audre Lorde brings along with her in her travels in Russia?
4. The acceptance of one's feelings can lead to _____________, thus poetry can help those who are or who feel oppressed.
5. While erotic is about feeling, according to Audre Lorde, __________ is devoid of feeling and about sensation only.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)