|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of fruit does Pishi set out to dry?
2. What kind of tone does Sinhji use with Nalini?
3. Where does the family have a meeting?
4. How does Ramesh's mother feel about Sudha?
5. What literary device is most evident in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ramesh Sanyal.
2. How does Sudha transform after hearing the story about her father?
3. Describe the Majumdar family.
4. What begins the separation between Anju and Sudha?
5. Why are the references to myth and superstition important?
6. What does Sudha say she has always wanted?
7. Who is Singhji?
8. Describe Anju.
9. What is relevant about Sudha's menstruation?
10. How do the Sanyals react to Sudha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of each of the Chatterjee family mothers? Which one stands out the most, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Which character develops most - Anju or Sudha?
Essay Topic 3
In what way do the mothers find new freedom as a result of Sudha's new freedom? Why are the mothers resistant to this change? How does it end up benefiting them?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)