|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the women feel when Gopal and the other man were going on a trip?
2. Who takes charge of the family when Gouri is ill?
3. When Gopal was away from home for three days and finally returned, what did he have with him?
4. What does Sudha compare her life to after hearing the story about her father?
5. What kind of entity is Bidhata Purush?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the girls fight against tradition as teenagers?
2. How does Anju respond to having a matched marriage?
3. Describe Ramesh Sanyal.
4. How is Anju forced into her destiny?
5. What does Sudha think about the money she receives from her father?
6. What does Sudha notice about the way Singhji deals with Nalini?
7. Why does Sudha decide not to marry Ashok?
8. What is the relationship between Anju and Sudha?
9. What does Sudha say she has always wanted?
10. Will Sudha and Anju have happy marriages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anju overcome her personal struggles? How does she get over the guilt she feels about miscarrying her baby? What role does Sudha play in allowing Anju to overcome herself?
Essay Topic 2
Are the mothers as oppressive as society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Which character develops most - Anju or Sudha?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)