|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sudha overhears Sunil avoid correcting somebody when they ask him about which of the following?
(a) If he loves Sudha.
(b) If he loves his wife.
(c) If Sudha is his wife.
(d) If Sudha's child is his.
2. Anju is disappointed that Sunil does not act in what way?
3. What kind of relationship does Ashok want from Sudha?
(a) He wants to marry her.
(b) He wants to remain friends.
(c) He wants to send her to school.
(d) He wants to care for her baby.
4. Why is Pishi often socially excluded?
(a) She dresses differently.
(b) She is unattractive.
(c) She is a widow.
(d) She has never been married.
5. What did the mothers do with the ruby?
(a) Made it into a pendant.
(b) Made it into a ring.
(c) Destroyed it.
(d) Sold it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anju hate most about Sunji's mother?
2. How does Sudha feel about her marriage?
3. What did Sudha's father give her?
4. After Sudha is pregnant, how does she feel toward her mother-in-law?
5. What is Anju supposed to be doing when she accidentally falls asleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sudha find peace?
2. How does Anju feel about getting married?
3. How does Anju feel about her niece?
4. How does Sudha fit into her new life?
5. What is symbolic of the final scene in the novel?
6. What dream did Sudha have about Prem?
7. How does Anju find peace?
8. Why is Anju second guessing her decision for Sudha to move to America?
9. Does Sudha think that she is treated well?
10. What request does Ashok make of Sudha?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)