|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sudha ask for herself and her baby?
2. Who gets angry that her daughter-in-law is pregnant?
(a) Ramesh's mother.
(c) Sunil's mother.
3. Why does Sudha think that she had a dream about Anju's son?
(a) As a sign that Sudha should get married again.
(b) As a sign that Gouri is going to die soon.
(c) As a sign that Anju is pregnant again.
(d) As a sign that Anju needs comforting.
4. Why does the doctor say he is not happy with Anju?
(a) She has been eating junk food.
(b) She has high blood pressure.
(c) She has not been active enough.
(d) She has been too active.
5. How does Anju feel about her father-in-law?
(a) She finds him fascinating.
(b) She finds him to be too docile.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She barely knows him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the mothers react to Ashok's conditions?
2. Sunil is traveling to ____________.
3. After Sudha has her daughter what does Ashok ask her?
4. What annoys Anju about Sudha?
5. What does Anju learn that she enjoys doing in America?
Short Essay Questions
1. What annoys Anju about Sudha?
2. How does Sudha fit into her new life?
3. How does Anju find peace?
4. What dream did Sudha have about Prem?
5. How does Anju feel about getting married?
6. What is symbolic of the final scene in the novel?
7. Who speaks up most for Sudha and why?
8. How does Anju feel about her niece?
9. Why does Sudha's mother-in-law want her to have an abortion?
10. How does Mrs. Sanyal behave toward Sudha now that she is pregnant?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)