|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sudha feel about her marriage?
(a) She thinks that she fits in.
(b) She is in love.
(c) She is anxious that she is doing things poorly.
(d) She is embarrassed that she married a poor family.
2. In Chapter 29 whom does Sudha visit?
(c) Singhji's daughter.
(d) Ashok's mother.
3. What does Ashok ask Sudha to do with her child?
(a) Send her to Anju.
(b) Bring her to his home.
(c) Put her in an adoption facility.
(d) Leave her with the mothers.
4. Why does the doctor say that Sudha is unable to get pregnant?
(a) She is not built to have babies.
(b) She is not happy.
(c) There is no reason.
(d) She is unhealthy.
5. How does Sudha feel when she is with her husband and his family?
(a) She feels needed.
(b) She feels loved.
(c) She feels happy.
(d) She feels strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sudha discovers she is pregnant, how does her mother-in-law treat her?
2. Pishi tells Sudha the mothers will pay for _____________.
3. When Sunil finds out about Anju working an extra shift at the library, what happens?
4. Why is Anju unable to travel with Sunji?
5. How does Anju's husband realize that she has been keeping a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Sanyal behave toward Sudha now that she is pregnant?
2. What dream did Sudha have about Prem?
3. What worries does Sudha have for her unborn child?
4. Is it a good idea for Sudha to move to America?
5. What annoys Anju about Sudha?
6. How does Anju feel when she finds Sudha's handkerchief in Sunjil's belongings?
7. Why hasn't Sudha's mother-in-law been telling anybody that Sudha is pregnant?
8. What happens at Shasti's shrine?
9. How does Anju find peace?
10. What role does Sudha's mother-in-law take over Sudha's reproductivity?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)