|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sudha's mother was pregnant, which adjective best described her?
2. What is the last name of Sudha and Anju's family?
3. Where was Gopal's body found?
(a) In the swamp.
(b) In an abandoned home.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In a cave.
4. Which word does Sudha believe to be the second one written on her forehead?
5. Where were Nalini and Gopal married?
(a) By a river.
(b) Near a statue.
(c) Kali Temple.
(d) At the Chatterjee home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Sudha drop which Sunil picks up and keeps?
2. The man who comes into the bookstore asks Anju for books by which author?
3. In what time period is the novel set?
4. Sudha decides to marry Ramesh so that _______________.
5. What kind of tone does Sinhji use with Nalini?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Anju forced into her destiny?
2. What does Sudha say she has always wanted?
3. Describe the role of the Chatterjee family in society.
4. How does Sudha respond to having a marriage based on a matchmaker?
5. How do the Sanyals react to Sudha?
6. Why are the references to myth and superstition important?
7. What is the role of each of the mother figures?
8. What does Sudha notice about the way Singhji deals with Nalini?
9. Describe Sudha.
10. Why does Sudha touch the mangoes despite her belief they will rot?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)