|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the mothers, when is Sudha going to be married?
(a) When she is 14.
(b) When she is 25.
(c) After she goes to college.
(d) After she finishes school.
2. What item does Sudha drop which Sunil picks up and keeps?
(d) Hair clip.
3. What is Ramesh's last name?
4. Sudha decides to marry Ramesh so that _______________.
(a) Anju can be married.
(b) Her parents will not be disappointed.
(c) Ramesh will not be sad.
(d) Ashok can marry somebody more like him.
5. What gift does Anju receive from her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of family did Sudha's mother come from?
2. Who begins to scream and cry loudly when Gouri is ill?
3. In what time period is the novel set?
4. How does Sudha describe Nalini?
5. What does Gouri give the girls as a birthday gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anju respond to having a matched marriage?
2. How is Anju forced into her destiny?
3. After meeting Sunil, how does Anju feel about him?
4. Describe Sudha.
5. What does Sudha think about the money she receives from her father?
6. What begins the separation between Anju and Sudha?
7. Why does Sudha touch the mangoes despite her belief they will rot?
8. What is the relationship between Anju and Sudha?
9. Describe the role of the Chatterjee family in society.
10. What happens as a result of Pishi telling Sudha the story of her father?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)