|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Sudha the story of her father?
2. After Sudha hears the story about her father, what happens to her?
(a) She begins to fear her father's return.
(b) She cannot stand up.
(c) She begins menstruating.
(d) She begins to vomit.
3. What does Gouri give the girls as a birthday gift?
4. A relationship between which two characters is foreshadowed in the early chapters of the novel?
(a) Singhji and Sudha.
(b) Anju and Singhji.
(c) Singhji and Pishi.
(d) Anju and Pishi.
5. How does Ramesh appear to Sudha?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the city in which the movie was showing?
2. Sudha decides to give all of her money to whom?
3. How does Anju's outlook change in Chapter 17?
4. In what time period is the novel set?
5. From whose perspective is the first chapter written?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anju's outlook become more positive?
2. Describe Anju.
3. Describe Ramesh Sanyal.
4. How does Sudha's outlook become more negative?
5. What does Sudha say she has always wanted?
6. After meeting Sunil, how does Anju feel about him?
7. How does Anju respond to having a matched marriage?
8. How does Pishi's story foreshadow a future event in Sudha's life?
9. Why are the references to myth and superstition important?
10. Why does Sudha touch the mangoes despite her belief they will rot?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)