|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ramesh's aunt insulted __________.
(a) Her sister's jewelry.
(b) Ramesh's education.
(c) Her sister's home.
2. What is Anju's plan for Sudha and the baby?
(a) She wants them to stay with Sudha's husband's family.
(b) She wants them to move to Europe.
(c) She wants them to move back in with the mothers.
(d) She wants them to come to America.
3. Anju finds it easy to ____________.
(a) Spy on her husband.
(b) Pretend that she is in love with her husband.
(c) Pretend that she is happy.
(d) Hide things from her husband.
4. Who is hateful to Sudha, convincing her to move to America?
5. Anju thinks that Sunil has kept Sudha away so that ___________.
(a) Anju will be trapped and alone.
(b) She does not make Anju jealous.
(c) He does not fall in love with her.
(d) Anju will meet new friends.
6. How does Anju's husband realize that she has been keeping a job?
(a) He is ridiculed by a co-worker.
(b) He hears a message on the answering machine.
(c) He sees her at work.
(d) He sees a badge from her work.
7. How does Sudha respond to Sudha's request about her child?
(a) She is compliant.
(b) She is displeased.
(c) She is annoyed.
(d) She is docile.
8. What is the name of the goddess Sudha visits?
9. What does Ashok ask Sudha to do with her child?
(a) Send her to Anju.
(b) Put her in an adoption facility.
(c) Bring her to his home.
(d) Leave her with the mothers.
10. Anju made up her mind not to love whom?
(a) Sudha's father.
(b) Her niece.
11. Where does Anju find Sudha's handkerchief.
(a) In her own belongings.
(b) In her husband's belongings.
(c) In a photo album.
(d) At Sudha's house.
12. Pishi tells Sudha the mothers will pay for _____________.
(a) Her medical care.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her child's well-being.
(d) A new home for her and the baby.
13. Who speaks up most for Sudha?
14. What does Sudha's ring symbolize?
(a) The happiness of a married woman.
(b) The resistance of women in India.
(c) The transfer of power.
(d) The power of love.
15. Why does Sudha's mother-in-law want her to have an abortion?
(a) The baby has a brain defect.
(b) The baby is a boy.
(c) The baby is a girl.
(d) The baby has a genetic problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sudha tie to the goddess tree?
2. What does Pishi want for Gouri?
3. Why is Anju unable to travel with Sunji?
4. What does Sudha's father want her to know about?
5. What did the mothers do with the ruby?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)