|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anju made up her mind not to love whom?
(a) Sudha's father.
(d) Her niece.
2. What is Sudah worried about for her child?
(a) She will grow up and have a good relationship with her father.
(b) She will grow up fatherless.
(c) She will grow up and resent her mother.
(d) She will be ridiculed for being a girl.
3. Who made an appointment for Sudha to be tested?
(a) Sudha's mother.
(c) Sudha's mother-in-law.
4. What do the girls learn is hereditary in the family?
(a) Brain defect.
(d) Eye disorder.
5. Which adjective best describes the way Sudha responds to her new family?
6. What does Anju hate most about Sunji's mother?
(a) She is not intelligent.
(b) She is shameful.
(c) She is docile.
(d) She is loud.
7. What does Sudah do to cheer herself up?
(a) She knits an outfit for the baby.
(b) She goes shopping.
(c) She makes a quilt.
(d) She cleans the house.
8. Sudha overhears Sunil avoid correcting somebody when they ask him about which of the following?
(a) If he loves his wife.
(b) If Sudha's child is his.
(c) If Sudha is his wife.
(d) If he loves Sudha.
9. Why does Ramesh suggest that he and Sudha do not have marital relations yet?
(a) She is not comfortable with him.
(b) He is not comfortable with her.
(c) He is not attracted to her.
(d) He does not want to have children.
10. The mothers warn Anju that she should do which of the following?
(a) Be a better wife.
(b) Clean the house better.
(c) Test the baby for a brain defect.
(d) Give up her dreams.
11. When does Sudha think about Anju most?
(a) In the morning.
(b) At night.
(c) She rarely thinks of her.
(d) In the afternoon.
12. In Chapter 25, how long has passed since the girls were married?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
13. What is the name of the goddess Sudha visits?
14. Pishi tells Sudha the mothers will pay for _____________.
(a) Her child's well-being.
(b) A new home for her and the baby.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her medical care.
15. What does Anju discover about Sudha?
(a) She cannot get pregnant.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is going to college.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sudha's mother-in-law want her to have an abortion?
2. What did the mothers do with the ruby?
3. What does Sudha's mother-in-law begin to control?
4. When does Sudha finally find peace?
5. After Sudha has her daughter what does Ashok ask her?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)