|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Anju and Sudha not be allowed to watch the movie they sneak into?
(a) It is about a war.
(b) It is not a classic film.
(c) It features a female actress.
(d) It is a romance.
2. How many mother figures do Sudha and Anju have?
3. What was the name of the city in which the movie was showing?
4. What item does Sudha drop which Sunil picks up and keeps?
(a) Hair clip.
5. How do Anju and Sudha differ on their stances of tradition?
(a) Sudha accepts tradition.
(b) Anju is more vocal.
(c) Sudha is more vocal.
(d) Anju accepts tradition.
6. How does Sudha's outlook change in Chapter 17?
(a) Her outlook does not change.
(b) She is more positive.
(c) She is emotionless.
(d) She is more negative.
7. What is interesting about Singhji the night Gouri is ill?
(a) He has never been in the house before.
(b) He does not want the girls to go to school.
(c) He reveals that he is quitting.
(d) He has a medical degree.
8. Whom does Sudha go to for help?
9. What kind of business do Sudha and Anju's family run?
(a) Grocery store.
(c) Butcher shop.
10. How did the women feel when Gopal and the other man were going on a trip?
11. A relationship between which two characters is foreshadowed in the early chapters of the novel?
(a) Anju and Singhji.
(b) Singhji and Sudha.
(c) Anju and Pishi.
(d) Singhji and Pishi.
12. The man who comes into the bookstore asks Anju for books by which author?
(a) Edith Wharton.
(b) Virginia Woolf.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) William Shakespeare.
13. What does Sudha compare her life to after hearing the story about her father?
(a) A ferris wheel.
(b) A television show.
(c) A cartwheel.
(d) A pile of laundry.
14. Where was Gopal's body found?
(a) In an abandoned home.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the swamp.
(d) In the forest.
15. Which of the following do the girls have to battle in Chapters 4 - 6?
(c) Their own bond.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impression does the reader get from Mrs. Majumdar?
2. What decision did Gouri make the night she was ill?
3. How did Sudha's family find Ramesh?
4. Where does the family have a meeting?
5. Where does Sudha learn the story of her father?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)