|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bridal viewing?
(a) A session in which the groom's family sees the domestic abilities of the bride.
(b) A session in which the bride chooses her dress.
(c) A session in which the home is chosen for the bride and groom.
(d) A session in which the bride and groom's families discuss dowry.
2. The man who comes into the bookstore asks Anju for books by which author?
(a) Virginia Woolf.
(b) William Shakespeare.
(c) Edith Wharton.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
3. Why would Anju and Sudha not be allowed to watch the movie they sneak into?
(a) It is not a classic film.
(b) It is about a war.
(c) It is a romance.
(d) It features a female actress.
4. Who asks Sudha why she is so calm?
5. What is interesting about Singhji the night Gouri is ill?
(a) He has a medical degree.
(b) He does not want the girls to go to school.
(c) He has never been in the house before.
(d) He reveals that he is quitting.
6. From whose point of view is the Chapter 2 told?
7. Who agreed to loan money to Gopal if he also went on the trip?
8. What does Ramesh's mother want from her son's marriage?
(b) A love match.
(c) A maid.
9. How did Sudha's family find Ramesh?
(a) He wrote a letter to them.
(b) Through a matchmaking service.
(c) They met him at his work.
(d) They met him at the school.
10. How does Anju feel about meeting her future husband?
(d) Not excited.
11. Which adjective best describes Mr. Majumdar?
12. Who is the only person Anju says she does not hate?
13. What kind of ailment is Gouri afflicted with?
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Stomach flu.
14. According to the mothers, who or what is a bad influence?
(a) The chauffeur.
15. What is the last name of Sudha and Anju's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sudha receives a packet from __________.
2. Whom does Sudha go to for help?
3. In Chapter 4, how old are the girls going to be?
4. What is in the packet Sudha receives in the mail?
5. What is the name of the man the girls meet at the theater?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)