|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agreed to loan money to Gopal if he also went on the trip?
2. How many mother figures do Sudha and Anju have?
3. What does Sudha believe caused the mothers to go into premature labor?
(a) They were denied access to medical care.
(b) They learned that their husbands died.
(c) They were unhealthy.
(d) They learned that they were giving birth to girls.
4. Where does Sudha learn the story of her father?
(a) At the market.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On the rooftop.
5. What does Sudha compare her life to after hearing the story about her father?
(a) A cartwheel.
(b) A television show.
(c) A pile of laundry.
(d) A ferris wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whose perspective is the first chapter written?
2. What literary device is most evident in Chapter 3?
3. Who acts as leader of the family?
4. After Sudha hears the story about her father, how does she feel about him?
5. How are Sudha and Anju biologically related?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)