|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it in stanza four of "Pearl"?
2. What kind of cliff does the narrator of "Pearl" say "beams in splendour"?
3. Where does Sir Orfeo say he is going to flee to?
(a) To another land.
(b) To the opposite corner of his kingdom.
(c) The castle of the king.
(d) The wilderness.
4. What does Lady Heurodis want to hear during her May stroll?
5. What does Sir Gawain say feels the "Fiend 'tis himself"?
(a) His loins.
(b) His five wits.
(c) His sword.
(d) His heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing that Sir Orfeo takes with him on his journey?
2. What does "the lord" say he would not take to accompany Sir Gawain to the Green Chapel?
3. What city is described in "Sir Orfeo" as "a city proud of stout defense"?
4. What does Sir Orfeo say he would rather lose than his wife?
5. According to "Sir Orfeo," what do most men sing about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the "Pearl" narrator see at the base of the crystal cliff?
2. What does Lady Heurodis say happens while she is sleeping under a tree in the orchard?
3. What is Sir Orfeo known for?
4. Why do Sir Orfeo's grandparents possess the names that they do?
5. Upon entering the faerie king's castle, what does Sir Orfeo see?
6. Why is the Green Knight green?
7. What does Lady Heurodis do to make everyone think that she is crazy?
8. What does "the lord" say regarding his refusal to accompany Sir Gawain to the chapel?
9. Why does Sir Gawain not heed the advice of "the lord"?
10. What does Pearl say will happen if the narrator accepts God's plan for him?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)