|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Gawain do at the Green Knight's first blow?
(a) Prays to God.
(b) Prays to Mary.
(d) Falls to the ground.
2. Given that the Green Knight and Sir Gawain are alone, the Green Knight says they "can _________ as we like"?
3. How many knights came to see Lady Heurodis as she slept beneath the tree?
4. When the king comes to see Lady Heurodis under the tree, what is he crowned with?
(a) A crown of light.
(b) A crown of diamonds.
(c) A crown of emeralds.
(d) A crown of rubys.
5. What is the last word in "Pearl"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Gawain have in his hand as he approaches the roof of the dwelling?
2. Who does Sir Gawain call to on the morning of his departure from "the lord's" castle to fetch his saddle?
3. What does Lady Heurodis want to hear during her May stroll?
4. What does the Green Knight say Sir Gawain wears of his?
5. When Sir Gawain finds an old cavern, covered in green patches, who does he say lives there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir Gawain say as he leaves "the lord's" castle for the Green Chapel?
2. What does Lady Heurodis say happens while she is sleeping under a tree in the orchard?
3. What does "the lord" say regarding his refusal to accompany Sir Gawain to the chapel?
4. Describe the gown worn by Pearl.
5. What happens when the Green Knight finally delivers his one blow to Sir Gawain?
6. What happens when Sir Orfeo sees Lady Heurodis on horseback?
7. What does Pearl say happens to all whom enter the kingdom of God?
8. According to "Sir Orfeo," where did lays come from?
9. Why do Sir Orfeo's grandparents possess the names that they do?
10. Why is the Green Knight green?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)