|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator of "Pearl" describe the forehead of the girl he wishes to call to?
(b) Marble white.
(d) Polished ivory.
2. What makes the narrator of "Pearl" want to call to the girl sitting at the base of the cliff?
3. Who does Pearl tell the narrator to seek as his friend?
(c) No one.
4. When the king comes to see Lady Heurodis under the tree, what is he crowned with?
(a) A crown of rubys.
(b) A crown of diamonds.
(c) A crown of light.
(d) A crown of emeralds.
5. What does "the lord" tell Sir Gawain that the Green Knight knows nothing about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "the lord" promise Sir Gawain if he goes to the Green Chapel?
2. Who is the Queen of Courtesy?
3. What kind of wound does Sir Gawain receive from the Green Knight's "hammer-swing" blow?
4. How many knights does Sir Orfeo bring with him to see Lady Heurodis upon hearing about her condition?
5. How many knights does the "king" bring with him after Lady Heurodis refuses to see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does "the lord" say regarding his refusal to accompany Sir Gawain to the chapel?
2. What does the "Pearl" narrator see at the base of the crystal cliff?
3. Why does Sir Gawain not heed the advice of "the lord"?
4. What does Lady Heurodis do to make everyone think that she is crazy?
5. When Lady Heurodis disappears, what does Sir Orfeo do?
6. Why do Sir Orfeo's grandparents possess the names that they do?
7. Why does Pearl say that the narrator is not a gentle jeweler?
8. What happens when Sir Orfeo sees Lady Heurodis on horseback?
9. What happens when Sir Orfeo plays his harp in the woods?
10. What does Lady Heurodis say happens while she is sleeping under a tree in the orchard?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)