|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "the lady" wish to teach Sir Gawain on the second hunting day?
(b) True love.
2. At the opening of Chapter II of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, what color have the groves turned?
3. What does "the lord" eat for breakfast on the first morning of his hunt?
4. According to the narrator of "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight," how many hunters went out on the first hunting day?
5. Why does Sir Gawain accept the gift from "the lady" on the third hunting day?
(a) She says it will anger her if he does not accept it.
(b) She balckmails him.
(c) She says it will protect him.
(d) She says she has another,
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Sir Gawain accept from "the lady" on the third hunting day?
2. What kind of portion is served to the noble guests given the coming of the new year?
3. Who is the second to volunteer to take the Green Knights challenge?
4. On the third hunting day, what saint does Sir Gawain swear to that he holds no love for any woman?
5. Where is Sir Gawain to meet the Green Knight to receive his own blow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people gather at Arthur's kingdom at the opening of "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight"?
2. What happens when the first course is served during the Christmas celebration in "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight"?
3. Why are those who bid Sir Gawain good luck on his journey saddened by his departure?
4. Why does Sir Gawain believe that he has been able to make his journey instead of dying prior to finding the Green Chapel?
5. What happens when Sir Gawain enters "the lord's" castle?
6. What two things does the Green Knight hold in his hands?
7. What does Sir Gawain do as "the lord" hunts?
8. Why is the Green Knight surprised by the lack of response to his challenge?
9. What arrangement do "the lord" and Sir Gawain make regarding the spoils of their days?
10. Why does "the lord" tell Sir Gawain that he does not need to leave for the Green Chapel so soon?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)