|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first question that the Green Knights asks Sir Gawain?
(a) His age.
(b) What his name is.
(c) What his lineage is.
(d) If he is willing to die.
2. When does the Green Knight enter the banquet?
(a) After the first course.
(b) After the second course.
(c) After the third course.
(d) After the fourth course.
3. What do "the lord" and Sir Gawain promise to give to each other?
(c) Anything they obtain during the day.
4. What winds wrestle with the sun during the fall?
5. How many blows does Arthur tell Sir Gawain to give to the Green Knight?
(a) Only one.
(b) As many as it takes to "fell" him.
(c) 25- the same number as kinghts at the Round Table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sir Gawain to meet the Green Knight to receive his own blow?
2. How many strikes does the Green Knight wish to trade with a knight?
3. What is another name for the pentangle?
4. What gift does Sir Gawain accept from "the lady" on the third hunting day?
5. Who does the Green Knight greet as he enters Arthur's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the morning of the first hunt, what does "the lady" wish Sir Gawain to do?
2. Why do people gather at Arthur's kingdom at the opening of "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight"?
3. Why does Sir Gawain believe that he has been able to make his journey instead of dying prior to finding the Green Chapel?
4. What animal does "the lord" decree should not be harmed?
5. What rules does Arthur have regarding his eating at celebrations?
6. What kinds of foes does Sir Gawain come across on his quest to find the Green Knight?
7. Why are those who bid Sir Gawain good luck on his journey saddened by his departure?
8. What does Sir Gawain present "the lord" with on the night of the third hunt?
9. Why does Sir Gawain refuse to tell "the lord" where he got his kiss from?
10. What happens when the first course is served during the Christmas celebration in "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight"?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)