|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he first enters Arthur's castle, what is the Green Knight holding in one of his hands?
(a) A rose.
(b) A holly-bough.
(c) A green sword.
(d) A green shield.
2. During the first course of the banquet, what instrument plays?
(a) All of those listed.
3. Who, according to the text, created the pentangle?
(a) Queen Guinevere.
(b) King Arthur.
4. What gift does Sir Gawain refuse from "the lady" on the third hunting day?
(a) A cross.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A slik scarf.
5. What realm does Sir Gawain first ride through on his quest to find the Green Knight?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is the third hunt to fall on?
2. What does "the lord" eat for breakfast on the first morning of his hunt?
3. What dos the "lady of the castle" bring to Sir Gawain on his first night?
4. Who is the second to volunteer to take the Green Knights challenge?
5. What do "the lord" and Sir Gawain promise to give to each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are those who bid Sir Gawain good luck on his journey saddened by his departure?
2. What animal does "the lord" decree should not be harmed?
3. What did all of the knights think about a possible fight with the Green Knight?
4. What happens at the first baying of of the hounds during the first day of the hunt in "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight"?
5. How is the castle of "the lord" described?
6. What does Sir Gawain present "the lord" with on the night of the third hunt?
7. What kinds of foes does Sir Gawain come across on his quest to find the Green Knight?
8. Instead of a battle, what does the Green Knight wish to do?
9. Why does Sir Gawain refuse to tell "the lord" where he got his kiss from?
10. Why do people gather at Arthur's kingdom at the opening of "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight"?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)