|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sir Gawain sit next to during the holiday feasts?
(a) Bertilak de Hautdesert.
(d) Queen Guinevere.
2. What type of dogs hunt on the first day's hunt?
3. According to the narrator of "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight," how many hunters went out on the first hunting day?
4. When does Arthur begin to eat during the celebrations?
(a) After all others have been served.
(b) After hearing a tale.
(c) All of these listed.
(d) After hearing of a knightly deed.
5. What is the name of the lord whose castle Sir Gawain arrives at after praying to the Blessed Virgin?
(d) He gives no name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the Green Knights spurs?
2. After the Green Knight tells Arthur's court of his challenge, what color do his eyes gleam?
3. What color glitters from the carpet that Sir Gawain steps upon before he leaves to find the Green Knight?
4. On what day does Sir Gawain pray to the Blessed Virgin during his quest to find the Green Knight?
5. Who, according to the text, created the pentangle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the guests at Arthur's do to gain the presents?
2. What kinds of foes does Sir Gawain come across on his quest to find the Green Knight?
3. Why does "the lord" tell Sir Gawain that he does not need to leave for the Green Chapel so soon?
4. What does Sir Gawain present "the lord" with on the night of the third hunt?
5. Describe the pentangle.
6. On the morning of the first hunt, what does "the lady" wish Sir Gawain to do?
7. What happens between Sir Gawain and "the lady" during the second day of the hunt?
8. Why does Sir Gawain believe that he has been able to make his journey instead of dying prior to finding the Green Chapel?
9. What happens at the first baying of of the hounds during the first day of the hunt in "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight"?
10. What two things does the Green Knight hold in his hands?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)