|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sir Gawain refuse to tell "the lord" where his "spoils" came from?
(a) Sir Gawain is afraid to tell him.
(b) It was not in the bond they made.
(c) It is of no concern to "the lord".
(d) It is not important.
2. What does Sir Gawain offer to "the lord" from his own "spoils" from the first day's hunt?
(a) An embrace.
(b) A kiss.
3. What image, other than the pentangle, does Sir Gawain have on his shield?
(a) The image of the crucifixion.
(b) The image of Christ.
(c) The image of Our Lady.
(d) The image of the Cross.
4. During the feast, what does Queen Guinevere sit upon?
(a) A silk-coverd bench.
(b) A high dais.
(c) A chaise.
(d) A low pillow.
5. Who is the host of the Christmas celebration at the opening of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight?
(a) Queen Guinevere.
(b) Sir Gawain.
(c) The Green Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prey is forbidden to be slain by "the lord"?
2. What encrusts the circlet on Sir Gawain's helmet?
3. What is the name of the lord whose castle Sir Gawain arrives at after praying to the Blessed Virgin?
4. What does Sir Gawain give to "the lord" on the night of the second hunt?
5. What does "the lord" give to Sir Gawain on the night of the second hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the night of the second hunt, what do "the lord" and Sir Gawain trade as their spoils?
2. What happens on the first day of the hunt in Sir Gawain's chamber?
3. On the morning of the first hunt, what does "the lady" wish Sir Gawain to do?
4. What rules does Arthur have regarding his eating at celebrations?
5. Why does "the lord" tell Sir Gawain that he does not need to leave for the Green Chapel so soon?
6. What did all of the knights think about a possible fight with the Green Knight?
7. What animal does "the lord" decree should not be harmed?
8. Describe the pentangle.
9. How is the castle of "the lord" described?
10. Why do people gather at Arthur's kingdom at the opening of "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight"?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)