|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color glitters from the carpet that Sir Gawain steps upon before he leaves to find the Green Knight?
2. What is wound around the Green Knight's axe handle?
3. During her visit on the second hunting day, what does "the lady" say that Sir Gawain is the head of?
4. What do "the lord" and Sir Gawain promise to give to each other?
(d) Anything they obtain during the day.
5. On what day does Sir Gawain pray to the Blessed Virgin during his quest to find the Green Knight?
(b) Twelfth Night.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sir Gawain refuse to tell "the lord" where his "spoils" came from?
2. What does Arthur announce he can do given the Green Knight's visit?
3. Who is the host of the Christmas celebration at the opening of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight?
4. What gift does Sir Gawain refuse from "the lady" on the third hunting day?
5. How many blasts do the hunters blow on their bugles to call the dogs to the hunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sir Gawain enters "the lord's" castle?
2. On the morning of the first hunt, what does "the lady" wish Sir Gawain to do?
3. Why are those who bid Sir Gawain good luck on his journey saddened by his departure?
4. What happens between Sir Gawain and "the lady" during the second day of the hunt?
5. Describe the pentangle.
6. What did all of the knights think about a possible fight with the Green Knight?
7. How is the castle of "the lord" described?
8. On the night of the second hunt, what do "the lord" and Sir Gawain trade as their spoils?
9. Before he finds the castle of "the lord," what does Sir Gawain pray to Mary for?
10. What does Sir Gawain present "the lord" with on the night of the third hunt?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)