|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Green Knight hesitates at his second blow, what does Sir Gawain call him?
(a) A "lusty man."
(b) A "lusty coward."
(c) A "coward."
(d) A "lusty fiend."
2. What does the "Pearl" narrator say "was present, I did surmise"?
(a) A princess.
(b) A maiden.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A queen.
3. After he finds out that the Green Knight knows his secret, what does Sir Gawain hold in his heart?
(a) A "fox."
(b) A "flum."
(c) An "onyx."
(d) A "grue."
4. Where does the narrator of "Sir Orfeo" say all of the lays "issued first"?
5. What does Sir Gawain say feels the "Fiend 'tis himself"?
(a) His heart.
(b) His five wits.
(c) His sword.
(d) His loins.
6. What kind of cliff does the narrator of "Pearl" say "beams in splendour"?
7. How does Sir Orfeo say that Lady Heurodis looks at him, while he is standing next to her bed?
(a) As a lover.
(b) As a healer.
(c) As a mirage.
(d) As a foe.
8. What does Sir Orfeo do that brings all of the animals around him?
(b) Plays his harp.
9. Where does the king take Lady Heurodis to before telling her to be at the tree the following day?
(b) A river.
(c) A cavern.
(d) His castle.
10. When does the Green Knight accuse Sir Gawain of failing?
(a) On the day he entered his castle.
(b) On the day he accepted the vow.
(c) The thrid day.
(d) On the day he left the castle.
11. What makes the narrator of "Pearl" want to call to the girl sitting at the base of the cliff?
12. According to stanza nineteen of "Pearl," what was unable to declare the girl's beauty?
13. While the narrator of "Pearl" stares at the girl, what does he compare himself to?
(a) An owl.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A bear.
(d) A snake.
14. How many knights does Sir Orfeo bring with him to see Lady Heurodis upon hearing about her condition?
15. What does the Green Knight gather in his limbs as he lifts the axe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last word in "Pearl"?
2. On an early May day, where does Lady Heurodis stroll?
3. Where does Pearl say is wrong with the narrator's mind?
4. How wide is the axe that the man emerges from the cave with?
5. What does the Green Knight say Sir Gawain wears of his?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)