|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Sir Gawain's shield?
2. What animal do the hunters come across on the third hunting day?
(a) A stag.
(b) A bear.
(c) A fox.
(d) A gazelle.
3. While Sir Gawain is riding away, what do his well-wishers say he should be deemed?
(a) A marquis.
(b) A king.
(c) A duke.
(d) A baron.
4. During her visit on the second hunting day, what does "the lady" say that Sir Gawain is the head of?
5. What is the name of Sir Gawain's horse?
6. What does the Green Knight do with his own head?
(a) Grasps it by the neck.
(b) Puts it into a bag.
(c) Holds it by the hair.
(d) Rolls it over to his horse.
7. What day is the third hunt to fall on?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) Solomon's Day.
(c) Saul's day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
8. On the third hunting day, what does "the lady" wear upon her head?
(a) Precious stones.
(c) A golden crown.
(d) A veil.
9. After dressing, and before lunch, in Chapter III, where does Sir Gawain go?
(a) To "the lady's" bedchamber.
(b) To the throneroom.
(c) To Mass.
(d) To join the hunt.
10. What encrusts the circlet on Sir Gawain's helmet?
11. On the third hunting day, what saint does Sir Gawain swear to that he holds no love for any woman?
12. What does Sir Gawain give to "the lord" on the night of the second hunt?
(a) An embrace-twice.
(b) Four kisses.
(c) Two kisses.
(d) An education on true love.
13. How many blasts do the hunters blow on their bugles to call the dogs to the hunt?
14. After the Green Knight tells Arthur's court of his challenge, what color do his eyes gleam?
15. Who volunteers to take the Green Knights challenge first?
(a) Sir Galahad.
(b) Sir Bleoberis.
(d) Sir Lancelot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the second to volunteer to take the Green Knights challenge?
2. What kind of shoes do the knights place on Sir Gawain's feet?
3. What does Arthur announce he can do given the Green Knight's visit?
4. What color are the Green Knights spurs?
5. What does Sir Gawain receive from "the lady" as she leaves his room on the first day of the hunt?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)