|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sir Gawain sit next to during the holiday feasts?
(a) Queen Guinevere.
(d) Bertilak de Hautdesert.
2. What day is the third hunt to fall on?
(a) Solomon's Day.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Saul's day.
(d) New Year's Day.
3. Why does Sir Gawain refuse to stay at "the lord's" castle longer than he has already?
(a) His quest requires him to leave.
(b) King Arthur requires him back.
(c) He is too stricken with the lady.
(d) He has consumed too much already.
4. What will the successful knight receive from the Green Knight if he succeeds at trading strikes with the Green Knight?
(a) His wife.
(b) His castle.
(c) An axe.
(d) A magic shield.
5. What type of dogs hunt on the first day's hunt?
6. Why does Sir Gawain accept the gift from "the lady" on the third hunting day?
(a) She says she has another,
(b) She balckmails him.
(c) She says it will anger her if he does not accept it.
(d) She says it will protect him.
7. What does Sir Gawain give to "the lord" on the night of the second hunt?
(a) An embrace-twice.
(b) An education on true love.
(c) Two kisses.
(d) Four kisses.
8. What is the name of the last day of the Christmas feast?
(a) S. Luke's Day.
(b) S. John's Day.
(c) S. Peter's Day.
(d) S. Mark's Day.
9. How is Sir Gawain related to King Arthur?
(a) Arthur is Gawain's uncle.
(b) Arthur is Gawain's brother-in-law.
(c) Arthur is Gawain's cousin.
(d) Arthur is Gawain's father.
10. What color glitters from the carpet that Sir Gawain steps upon before he leaves to find the Green Knight?
11. What dos the "lady of the castle" bring to Sir Gawain on his first night?
12. What image, other than the pentangle, does Sir Gawain have on his shield?
(a) The image of the Cross.
(b) The image of Christ.
(c) The image of the crucifixion.
(d) The image of Our Lady.
13. What does "the lord" wish Sir Gawain to do while he is at his castle?
(b) Deliver Mass.
(c) Find a wife.
14. Whom does "the lord" say will sit with Sir Gawain while he is away?
(a) His mother.
(b) His advisor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His best knight.
15. What is the first question that the Green Knights asks Sir Gawain?
(a) What his name is.
(b) What his lineage is.
(c) His age.
(d) If he is willing to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Green Knight enter the banquet?
2. What do "the lord" and Sir Gawain promise to give to each other?
3. How many years has it been, according to a knight after the first day's hunt, since such a grand spoil has been taken at hunting?
4. Why does Sir Gawain refuse to tell "the lord" where his "spoils" came from?
5. What names does the Green Knight say that most men know him by?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)