|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Sir Gawain pray to the Blessed Virgin during his quest to find the Green Knight?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) Twelfth Night.
2. What is the first question that the Green Knights asks Sir Gawain?
(a) His age.
(b) What his name is.
(c) If he is willing to die.
(d) What his lineage is.
3. According to the creed, how many wounds did Christ receive upon the cross?
4. On what day does Sir Gawain leave to find the Green Knight?
(a) All Souls' Day.
(b) All Hallows Day.
(c) Twelfth Day.
(d) Holy Rood Day.
5. What happens to the Green Knight's axe after he leaves Arthur's castle beheaded?
(a) It is hung in Arthur's castle.
(b) Arthur puts it in a chest in his own bedroom.
(c) It disappears.
(d) Sir Gawain locks it away.
6. While Sir Gawain is riding away, what do his well-wishers say he should be deemed?
(a) A king.
(b) A baron.
(c) A duke.
(d) A marquis.
7. Who does the Green Knight greet as he enters Arthur's castle?
(a) No one.
(b) Queen Guinevere.
(d) Sir Gawain.
8. What promise do Sir Gawain and "the lord" make before going to bed on the first day of the hunt?
(a) They promise to triple their spoils.
(b) They make the same promise as before.
(c) They promise to double their spoils.
(d) They promise to keep their spoils.
9. How many blasts do the hunters blow on their bugles to call the dogs to the hunt?
10. What is wound around the Green Knight's axe handle?
11. What encrusts the circlet on Sir Gawain's helmet?
12. What type of dogs hunt on the first day's hunt?
13. How is Sir Gawain related to King Arthur?
(a) Arthur is Gawain's cousin.
(b) Arthur is Gawain's father.
(c) Arthur is Gawain's brother-in-law.
(d) Arthur is Gawain's uncle.
14. According to the creed, how many joys did the Queen of Heaven have of her Child?
15. What image, other than the pentangle, does Sir Gawain have on his shield?
(a) The image of the crucifixion.
(b) The image of Christ.
(c) The image of Our Lady.
(d) The image of the Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many days does the Christmas celebration go on?
2. What gift does Sir Gawain refuse from "the lady" on the third hunting day?
3. What does "the lady" wish to teach Sir Gawain on the second hunting day?
4. What does Sir Gawain receive just before he leaves to find the Green Knight?
5. What does "the lord" give to Sir Gawain on the night of the second hunt?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)