|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Orfeo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been, according to a knight after the first day's hunt, since such a grand spoil has been taken at hunting?
2. What gift does Sir Gawain accept from "the lady" on the third hunting day?
(a) A silk belt.
(b) A golden charm.
(c) A potion.
(d) A braided rope.
3. On an early May day, where does Lady Heurodis stroll?
(a) Near the castle in among the olive vines.
(b) Through a field.
(c) By a great river.
(d) In an orchard.
4. According to the creed, how many joys did the Queen of Heaven have of her Child?
5. In "Pearl," where does the narrator lose his pearl?
(a) In a garden.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In a field.
(d) In the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it in stanza four of "Pearl"?
2. What kind of portion is served to the noble guests given the coming of the new year?
3. What has God chosen Pearl to be?
4. What does "the lord" tell Sir Gawain to do instead of go to the Green Chapel?
5. What does Sir Gawain have in his hand as he approaches the roof of the dwelling?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)