|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Sir Gawain related to King Arthur?
(a) Arthur is Gawain's uncle.
(b) Arthur is Gawain's brother-in-law.
(c) Arthur is Gawain's father.
(d) Arthur is Gawain's cousin.
2. According to the creed, how many joys did the Queen of Heaven have of her Child?
3. What does Sir Gawain give to "the lady" as a gift to ease her mourning?
(a) He has nothing to give her.
(b) A coin.
(c) A silken scarf.
(d) A dagger.
4. What does Sir Gawain have in his hand as he approaches the roof of the dwelling?
(a) His sword.
(b) His lance.
(c) A cross.
(d) The axe.
5. What does "the lord" wish Sir Gawain to do while he is at his castle?
(b) Deliver Mass.
(d) Find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "the lord" give to Sir Gawain on the night of the second hunt?
2. How wide is the axe that the man emerges from the cave with?
3. According to the creed, how many wounds did Christ receive upon the cross?
4. According to the narrator of "Sir Gawain and the Green Knight," how many hunters went out on the first hunting day?
5. What do "the lord" and Sir Gawain promise to give to each other?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)