|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days do the Christmas feasts take place?
2. What does Sir Gawain ask the Green Knight to "restrain thee to"?
(b) One stroke.
3. During her visit on the second hunting day, what does "the lady" say that Sir Gawain is the head of?
4. Given that the Green Knight and Sir Gawain are alone, the Green Knight says they "can _________ as we like"?
5. Who is the host of the Christmas celebration at the opening of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight?
(a) Queen Guinevere.
(b) The Green Knight.
(c) Sir Gawain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Green Knight greet as he enters Arthur's castle?
2. What does Sir Gawain have in his hand as he approaches the roof of the dwelling?
3. Why does Sir Gawain refuse to tell "the lord" where his "spoils" came from?
4. According to "the lady" during her visit on the second hunting day, what did she teach Sir Gawain during the first hunting day?
5. Who, according to the text, created the pentangle?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)