|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the summer, what kind of winds blows lightly on the seeds and herbs?
2. What dos the "lady of the castle" bring to Sir Gawain on his first night?
3. Who is the third to volunteer to take the Green Knight's challenge?
(a) La Cote Male Taile.
(b) Le Bel Desconneu.
(c) There is no third volunteer.
(d) Sir Gawain.
4. What color are the Green Knights spurs?
5. What does "the lord" wish Sir Gawain to do while he is at his castle?
(b) Find a wife.
(d) Deliver Mass.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been, according to a knight after the first day's hunt, since such a grand spoil has been taken at hunting?
2. What realm does Sir Gawain first ride through on his quest to find the Green Knight?
3. What does Sir Gawain receive from "the lady" as she leaves his room on the first day of the hunt?
4. When does the Green Knight request to receive his blow?
5. What does "the lord" give to Sir Gawain on the night of the second hunt?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)