|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of portion is served to the noble guests given the coming of the new year?
2. During the feast, what does Queen Guinevere sit upon?
(a) A low pillow.
(b) A high dais.
(c) A silk-coverd bench.
(d) A chaise.
3. When he first enters Arthur's castle, what is the Green Knight holding in one of his hands?
(a) A green shield.
(b) A green sword.
(c) A rose.
(d) A holly-bough.
4. After the Green Knight tells Arthur's court of his challenge, what color do his eyes gleam?
5. When does the Green Knight enter the banquet?
(a) After the second course.
(b) After the fourth course.
(c) After the third course.
(d) After the first course.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur announce he can do given the Green Knight's visit?
2. What happens to the Green Knight's axe after he leaves Arthur's castle beheaded?
3. What color are the Green Knights spurs?
4. What does the Green Knight do with his own head?
5. How many strikes does the Green Knight wish to trade with a knight?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)