|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Green Knight enter the banquet?
(a) After the first course.
(b) After the fourth course.
(c) After the third course.
(d) After the second course.
2. After the Green Knight tells Arthur's court of his challenge, what color do his eyes gleam?
3. What color are the Green Knights spurs?
4. Where is Sir Gawain to meet the Green Knight to receive his own blow?
(a) King Arthur's court.
(b) The Green Chapel.
(c) The Green Knight's green castle.
(d) The woods that stay green year-round.
5. Who is the host of the Christmas celebration at the opening of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight?
(a) The Green Knight.
(b) Queen Guinevere.
(c) Sir Gawain.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he first enters Arthur's castle, what is the Green Knight holding in one of his hands?
2. When does the Green Knight request to receive his blow?
3. Who does Sir Gawain sit next to during the holiday feasts?
4. What will the successful knight receive from the Green Knight if he succeeds at trading strikes with the Green Knight?
5. How is Sir Gawain related to King Arthur?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)