|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pearl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Green Knight do with his own head?
(a) Rolls it over to his horse.
(b) Holds it by the hair.
(c) Puts it into a bag.
(d) Grasps it by the neck.
2. During the feast, what does Queen Guinevere sit upon?
(a) A silk-coverd bench.
(b) A chaise.
(c) A low pillow.
(d) A high dais.
3. How many strikes does the Green Knight wish to trade with a knight?
4. What does "the lord" tell Sir Gawain to do instead of go to the Green Chapel?
(a) Come back to his castle.
(b) Go to "some other country."
(c) Go back to Arthur.
(d) "Pray hard."
5. Who, according to the text, created the pentangle?
(b) Queen Guinevere.
(c) King Arthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the animal that "the lord" brings to Sir Gawain on the third hunting day?
2. What must the narrator of "Pearl" do to get over his sorrow? (Stanza twenty-nine)
3. What will the successful knight receive from the Green Knight if he succeeds at trading strikes with the Green Knight?
4. After "the lord" leaves Sir Gawain to find the Green Chapel, who does Sir Gawain say he has the protection of?
5. Where is Sir Gawain to meet the Green Knight to receive his own blow?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)