|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pearl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Sir Gawain pray to the Blessed Virgin during his quest to find the Green Knight?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Christmas Day.
(d) Twelfth Night.
2. After he finds out that the Green Knight knows his secret, what does Sir Gawain hold in his heart?
(a) An "onyx."
(b) A "grue."
(c) A "flum."
(d) A "fox."
3. What kind of wound does Sir Gawain receive from the Green Knight's "hammer-swing" blow?
(a) A "snick."
(b) A "scrapee."
(c) A "nict."
(d) A "scrapt."
4. When does the Green Knight enter the banquet?
(a) After the second course.
(b) After the third course.
(c) After the first course.
(d) After the fourth course.
5. What prey is forbidden to be slain by "the lord"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the hunters come across on the third hunting day?
2. What must the narrator of "Pearl" do to get over his sorrow? (Stanza twenty-nine)
3. After "the lord" leaves Sir Gawain to find the Green Chapel, who does Sir Gawain say he has the protection of?
4. What image, other than the pentangle, does Sir Gawain have on his shield?
5. What is Sir Gawain doing as "the lord" leaves for his hunt?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)