|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Gawain ask the Green Knight to "deal" him?
(a) His card.
(b) His death-blow.
(c) His fate.
(d) His destiny.
2. What kind of shoes do the knights place on Sir Gawain's feet?
3. What does "the lord" eat for breakfast on the first morning of his hunt?
4. After "the lord" leaves Sir Gawain to find the Green Chapel, who does Sir Gawain say he has the protection of?
(c) "The Lady."
5. Who is the second to volunteer to take the Green Knights challenge?
(a) Sir Lucan.
(b) Sir Gawain.
(c) Sir Lionell.
(d) Sir Alymere.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her visit on the second hunting day, what does "the lady" say that Sir Gawain is the head of?
2. What does Sir Gawain do when he sees "the lady" sitting on his bed on the first morning of the hunt?
3. What winds wrestle with the sun during the fall?
4. At the opening of Chapter II of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, what color have the groves turned?
5. What does Sir Gawain have in his hand as he approaches the roof of the dwelling?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)