|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the host of the Christmas celebration at the opening of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight?
(a) Queen Guinevere.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) The Green Knight.
2. What does Sir Gawain do when he sees "the lady" sitting on his bed on the first morning of the hunt?
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Crosses himself.
3. What does the Green Knight do with his own head?
(a) Puts it into a bag.
(b) Rolls it over to his horse.
(c) Holds it by the hair.
(d) Grasps it by the neck.
4. What is the name of Sir Gawain's horse?
5. Who does Sir Gawain sit next to during the holiday feasts?
(b) Bertilak de Hautdesert.
(d) Queen Guinevere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Gawain offer to "the lord" from his own "spoils" from the first day's hunt?
2. During her visit on the second hunting day, what does "the lady" say that Sir Gawain is the head of?
3. Who does the Green Knight greet as he enters Arthur's castle?
4. Who does Sir Gawain say he wishes to watch over "the lord's" castle as he leaves?
5. What color are the Green Knights spurs?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)