|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pearl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of cliff does the narrator of "Pearl" say "beams in splendour"?
2. What does Pearl tell the narrator to do while in "weal and woe"?
(a) Fall down and cry.
(b) Pity himself.
(c) Cry out in anger.
(d) Cross himself.
3. What is the name of the lord whose castle Sir Gawain arrives at after praying to the Blessed Virgin?
(a) He gives no name.
4. What color is Sir Gawain's shield?
5. Why does Sir Gawain accept the gift from "the lady" on the third hunting day?
(a) She says it will anger her if he does not accept it.
(b) She says she has another,
(c) She says it will protect him.
(d) She balckmails him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prior to the rooster crowing _________ times, "the lord" left to hunt on the second day.
2. What realm does Sir Gawain first ride through on his quest to find the Green Knight?
3. What does Sir Gawain give to "the lady" as a gift to ease her mourning?
4. Who is the Queen of Courtesy?
5. What kind of gems does the girl have on her majestic robes in "Pearl"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)