|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pearl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "the lord" eat for breakfast on the first morning of his hunt?
2. On the third hunting day, what does "the lady" wear upon her head?
(a) A veil.
(b) A golden crown.
(d) Precious stones.
3. After dressing, and before lunch, in Chapter III, where does Sir Gawain go?
(a) To "the lady's" bedchamber.
(b) To Mass.
(c) To join the hunt.
(d) To the throneroom.
4. What is the name of the last day of the Christmas feast?
(a) S. Peter's Day.
(b) S. Luke's Day.
(c) S. John's Day.
(d) S. Mark's Day.
5. Why does Sir Gawain refuse to stay at "the lord's" castle longer than he has already?
(a) He has consumed too much already.
(b) His quest requires him to leave.
(c) King Arthur requires him back.
(d) He is too stricken with the lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dos the "lady of the castle" bring to Sir Gawain on his first night?
2. What has God chosen Pearl to be?
3. What kind of gems does the girl have on her majestic robes in "Pearl"?
4. What saint does Pearl quote in stanza thirty-nine?
5. What makes the narrator of "Pearl" want to call to the girl sitting at the base of the cliff?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)