Chapter I, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
1. Who is the host of the Christmas celebration at the opening of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight?
(a) The Green Knight.
(c) Queen Guinevere.
(d) Sir Gawain.
2. For how many days does the Christmas celebration go on?
3. What kind of portion is served to the noble guests given the coming of the new year?
4. During the feast, what does Queen Guinevere sit upon?
(a) A chaise.
(b) A low pillow.
(c) A high dais.
(d) A silk-coverd bench.
5. When does Arthur begin to eat during the celebrations?
(a) After hearing a tale.
(b) All of these listed.
(c) After all others have been served.
(d) After hearing of a knightly deed.
6. How is Sir Gawain related to King Arthur?
(a) Arthur is Gawain's uncle.
(b) Arthur is Gawain's father.
(c) Arthur is Gawain's cousin.
(d) Arthur is Gawain's brother-in-law.
7. Who does Sir Gawain sit next to during the holiday feasts?
(b) Bertilak de Hautdesert.
(d) Queen Guinevere.
This section contains 3,995 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)