|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sinuhe returns to Thebes the first time from Akhetaton, who has Kaptah lent money to?
2. When Sinuhe request that bread be baked for the poor, what phrase does he want said to them as the bread is passed out?
(a) This bread will multiply.
(b) My bread is your bread.
(c) This is bread for the poor, take it.
(d) This is the bread of Aton; take ye and eat of it in his name.
3. What do the Hittites bring as a gift to the young Tut that goes with him to his tomb?
(a) A necklace made of shells.
(b) A crowns of gold and jewels.
(c) A blue hippopatumus.
(d) A knife of blue metal.
4. Who does Sinuhe meet at Kaptah's favorite tavern when he returns to Egypt?
(d) The pharaoh.
5. What does Aziru's son do when his father is attacked by assassins?
(a) He stabs them with his little sword.
(b) He jumps on them and strangles them.
(c) He hits them with rocks.
(d) He gets help.
6. What do the people call the Queen Mother Taia?
(a) The black witch.
(b) The pharaoh.
(c) The mistress of Eie.
(d) The silver swan.
7. While Sinuhe is in Akhetaton, where is Horemheb?
8. What is wrong with King Aziru's baby?
(a) It is cutting its first tooth.
(b) It has turned eye.
(c) It is dying.
(d) It has a stomach ache.
9. When Kaptah and Sinuhe get to the opening in the cave where the sea enters, what do they find?
(a) A dead colossal bull.
(b) A priest.
(c) Minea alive.
10. What kind of knots does the Queen Mother Taia tie?
(a) The knots of a fowler.
(b) Circle knots.
(c) Boy Scout knots.
(d) Square knots.
11. Where does the Pharaoh Akenaton go after the parade?
(a) He retreats to his palace and does not go outside for three days.
(b) He goes to the City of the Dead.
(c) He gets on a ship and voyages down the river.
(d) He sails out to sea.
12. How quickly does Akhetaton, the city, come into being?
(a) In 18 months.
(b) In a month.
(c) In two years.
(d) In a year.
13. Who does Sinuhe find held prisoner in Gaza?
14. What does Sinuhe try to convince Aziru of when he sees him as a prisoner?
(a) That he should try and save himself.
(b) That his sons are already dead.
(c) That life is not worth living.
(d) That his wife cheated on him.
15. What happens when Pharaoh Akenaton parades in public?
(a) The crowd sings songs to Aton.
(b) The crowd in angered by Nefretiti's dress.
(c) Everyone applaudes.
(d) Chaos errupts and Horemheb has to come in and get control of the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pharaoh Akhnaton die?
2. What does Pharaoh Akenaton want to do with the open walks and gardens and the sacred lakes?
3. What does Merit tell Sinuhe happened to the mother of Thoth?
4. What does Kaptah negotiate with Horemheb to win back his wealth after the holy war?
5. How do the women of Crete wear their hair?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)