|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sinuhe returns to Thebes the first time from Akhetaton, who has Kaptah lent money to?
2. Where does the Pharaoh Akenaton go after the parade?
(a) He gets on a ship and voyages down the river.
(b) He sails out to sea.
(c) He goes to the City of the Dead.
(d) He retreats to his palace and does not go outside for three days.
3. Who does Roju order the execution of in Gaza?
(a) A servant.
(b) The store clerk.
(c) A spy.
(d) The tower guard.
4. What does Horemheb think is the cornerstone of the holy war?
5. What happens when Pharaoh Akenaton parades in public?
(a) The crowd in angered by Nefretiti's dress.
(b) Chaos errupts and Horemheb has to come in and get control of the crowd.
(c) The crowd sings songs to Aton.
(d) Everyone applaudes.
6. Why does Pepitamon grow weary of the warrior's life?
(a) He wants to be a merchant.
(b) He wants to go to work for Sinuhe.
(c) He misses the open ocean.
(d) He misses his cats.
7. How has Aziru's seven-year-old son shown that he will be a great warrior?
(a) He practices his weapon skills daily.
(b) He can sword fight with grown men.
(c) He has already slit the belly of a slave who insulted him and has gone into battle with his father,
(d) He killed a man who attacked him.
8. When Horemheb faces the Hittites the first time in the holy war, what will happen if the Hittites defeat Horemheb's troops?
(a) They will be able to attack Babylon.
(b) They will be able to get to the sea.
(c) They will be able to attack Egypt.
(d) They will win the war entirely.
9. What do the teachers tell Sinuhe about teaching every child to read and write?
(a) That they enjoy their work and praise Aton.
(b) That the education system is in place.
(c) That there is no greater madness.
(d) That they wish to return to the city.
10. What have the Hittites done with the jars sold to them by the merchants of Egypt?
(a) The use them as weapons, cutting people with them.
(b) They have brought water into the desert so they can survive there for quite a while.
(c) They are preserving fish in salt and water.
(d) They hang them in the sun in honor of Aton.
11. Why does Kaptah want to go with Sinuhe into the mountain where Minea disappears?
(a) He thinks if Sinuhe dies, he will not be able to get off the island.
(b) He is curious to see where Minea has gone.
(c) Because he is Sinuhe's friend and believes the sacred scarab will protect him.
(d) He is not afraid of death.
12. When Horemheb returns to Egypt, who does he put in charge of the troops?
(b) The pharaoh.
13. What does Sinuhe try to convince Aziru of when he sees him as a prisoner?
(a) That his wife cheated on him.
(b) That he should try and save himself.
(c) That life is not worth living.
(d) That his sons are already dead.
14. What is wrong with King Aziru's baby?
(a) It has turned eye.
(b) It is dying.
(c) It is cutting its first tooth.
(d) It has a stomach ache.
15. What does Sinuhe think when the Hittites come to visit Ahknetaton?
(a) That they smell of corpses.
(b) That they are interested in the new god.
(c) That they are honest in their negotiations.
(d) That they want the cross of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merit tell Sinuhe happened to the mother of Thoth?
2. What does Sinuhe do on a return to Thebes to show that he is equal to the rowers?
3. What does Minotauros wear on his head?
4. Why does Thothmes die?
5. When returning to Egypt, where does Sinuhe wish to buy a house?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)