|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the quote at the beginning of "Cloudland," where are the children?
(a) Apple tree.
(b) Cherry tree.
(d) Pear tree.
2. What does the narrator of "Moonbow" see when she goes outside?
(d) Mountain lion.
3. What does the narrator do at the end of "The Correct Grip"?
(a) Pack to move.
(b) Go to a movie.
(c) Walk her dog.
(d) Have dinner with a friend.
4. Why did a woman who had been at the home for unwed mothers want to send the narrator of "Cloudland"?
(a) Magazine article.
(b) Newspaper article.
(c) Some old papers.
5. When did the former owner's wife die, in "Equivalent"?
(a) 18 months ago.
(b) 3 years ago.
(c) 24 months ago.
(d) 4 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cloudland," how does the narrator say that a woman from the home for unwed mothers found her?
2. In "Cloudland," what is the name of a painting of a lake that the narrator remembers?
3. In "Cloudland," what is the narrator going to pick tomorrow?
4. How many carets does the narrator of "Cloudland" say that the diamond in Mariah Carey's engagement ring weights?
5. In "The Correct Grip," where was the narrator attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator in "Water Damage" learn about the home where she had her baby?
2. In "The Second Seating," what do the narrator and friends have to eat and drink?
3. In "Cloudland," what is the narrator's job, and what are some of her job duties?
4. At the end of "Cloudland," what does the narrator say about apples?
5. In "Cloudland," what does the narrator say about her work schedule and training for the job?
6. What was the narrator's job in New York, and why does she say that she left her job in this section of "Cloudland"?
7. In "Cloudland," what does the narrator consider doing with kumquats and why will she probably not do it?
8. Why is the narrator able to work two to three days a week in "Cloudland"?
9. Why is the narrator's neighbor arrested in "Cloudland"?
10. What does the white cross commemorate that is on the grassy median where the narrator turns to get to her house in "Cloudland"?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)