|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Chicane," What type of dog did Macario bring Lauryn after they married?
(a) Chihuahua mix.
(b) Mostly poodle.
(c) Mostly German shepherd.
(d) Black lab.
2. How does the narrator clean cages in "A Full Service Shelter"?
(a) With a hose.
(b) With a push broom.
(c) With a broom.
(d) With an old mop.
3. In "I Stay with Syd," what do some people go and do while they wait to get back inside the theater?
(a) Get fried chicken.
(b) Get beer and pizza.
(c) Get pop and chips.
(d) Get tacos and nachos.
4. In "Fort Bedd," where is the apartment?
(a) East side of the park.
(b) South side of the park.
(c) West side of the park.
(d) North side of the park.
5. What are the names of volunteers who work with the narrator in "A Full Service Shelter"?
(a) Megan, Zoe, and Amy.
(b) Anna, Maggie, and Maria.
(c) Felicia, Bianca, and Jane.
(d) Rebecca, Yolanda, and Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator of "Greed" find an apple core after she throws it it into pachysandra?
2. Where do the narrator of in "I Stay with Syd" and Syd drive to to watch a movie?
3. Where is the animal sheler in "A Full-Service Shelter"?
4. How many police cars show up when Syd, the narrator, and others have to leave the theater, in "I Stay with Syd"?
5. In "I Stay with Syd," where did the married man invite the narrator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say about cleaning cages?
2. How does the narrator spy on her husband and Mrs. Greed?
3. What does the narrator know about being angry about the affair in "Greed"?
4. What does the narrator do when Syd returns in "I Stay with Syd"?
5. In what way is the story of the lamb a story of seduction?
6. What does the narrator say about the affair between Syd and a married man?
7. How do the narrator and other volunteers handle injuries they receive from handling the dogs?
8. Why did Lauryn try to commit suicide in Madrid, and why did she survive?
9. Why do Syd and the narrator have to leave the theater before the movie is over, in "I Stay with Syd"?
10. What is Fort Bedd?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)