|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Greed get to the narrator's home to see the narrator's husband?
(c) Car and driver.
2. According to "A Full Service Shelter," owning how many dogs is considered hoarding in Connecticut?
3. What are the names of volunteers who work with the narrator in "A Full Service Shelter"?
(a) Anna, Maggie, and Maria.
(b) Rebecca, Yolanda, and Joy.
(c) Megan, Zoe, and Amy.
(d) Felicia, Bianca, and Jane.
4. In "I Stay with Syd," where did the married man invite the narrator?
5. Why do Syd, the narrator, and everyone else have to leave the theater in in "I Stay with Syd"?
(a) Storm worsens.
(b) Bomb threat.
(c) Power goes out.
(d) The roof springs a leak.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Full Service Shelter," when does the director of the shelter over the overnight staff to feed the death-row dogs?
2. What has the theater run out of before Syd places an order in in "I Stay with Syd"?
3. In "The Chicane," Where was the narrator's Aunt Lauryn from?
4. At the end of "Four Calls in the Last Half Hour," what does the narrator say that the man does?
5. What is the name of Lauryn's son, in "The Chicane"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Four Calls in the Last Half Hour," what does the narrator say about the man and his actions?
2. In what way is the story of the lamb a story of seduction?
3. How does a man use a dead lamb to save an orphan lamb?
4. What does the narrator say about the affair between Syd and a married man?
5. In "The Chicane," what does the narrator say about going to a film?
6. Who does Mrs. Greed remind the narrator's husband of?
7. What was the Presa Canarios, and why was the narrator afraid of the breed?
8. What tape did Macario receive after Lauryn died?
9. How do the narrator and other volunteers handle injuries they receive from handling the dogs?
10. What does the narrator need to get through the man's dying in "Fort Bedd"?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)