|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the man the narrator of "Cloudland" checks up on on Thursday afternoons?
2. Who calls the narrator in "The Correct Grip" after the attack?
(a) Wife of the stranger who attacked her.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother.
3. What are the earrings made of that the narrator buys in "Cloudland"?
4. In "Equivalent," how often does the seller arrive unannounced to pick up something he left behind?
(a) About 4 weeks.
(b) About 6 weeks.
(c) Every other month.
(d) Every couple of months.
5. In the second half of "Cloudland," what day is it?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) St. Patrick's Day.
(c) February 1.
(d) March 1.
6. What does the wife of the person that attacked the narrator of "The Correct Grip" say about the narrator's relationship with her husband?
(a) They were having an affair.
(b) They were in high school together.
(c) They worked together.
(d) They had a class together.
7. In "Cloudland," what is the narrator going to pick tomorrow?
8. In "Cloudland," where did the narrator used to live?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York.
9. In the quote at the beginning of "Cloudland," where are the children?
(b) Apple tree.
(c) Cherry tree.
(d) Pear tree.
10. How many days a week does the narrator of "Cloudland" work?
11. In "Cloudland," how far is the narrator from Miami?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 4 hours
(c) 5 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
12. In "Cloudland," when the narrator was in Maine, what was a young girl taking a picture of?
13. What was the narrator of "Cloudland" doing when she noticed a girl wearing a turtleneck who was sitting on the lawn of her house?
(a) On her porch.
14. When do people who went to the university come back, in "Cloudland"?
(a) Orange festival.
(b) Game Days.
(c) Strawberry festival.
(d) Snipe Hunts.
15. What type of dog does Lois have in "Cloudland," which the narrator is watching?
(b) German shepherd.
(c) Australian cattle dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prison town in "Cloudland," driving how many miles over the speed limit will give you a ticket?
2. In "Cloudland," what does the narrator see a girl wearing a turtleneck shirt doing on her lawn?
3. In what state do you have to go north to be in the south, according to "Cloudland"?
4. In "The Second Seating," what do the narrator and friends like to drink?
5. In "Cloudland," who maintains the home where someone died at the corner?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)