|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second half of "Cloudland," what day is it?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) February 1.
(d) March 1.
2. What does Lois suffer from, in "Cloudland"?
3. Why does the wife of the attacker call the narrator in "The Correct Grip"?
(a) To warn the narrator to be careful.
(b) To apologize for her husband.
(c) To empathize with the narrator.
(d) To see if she should stay with her husband.
4. What did the narrator's attacker threaten her with, in "The Correct Grip"?
(b) Brass knuckles.
5. Where is an elderly man found in "The Quiet Car"?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A gas station.
(c) Leather recliner in a weedy empty lot.
(d) The library.
6. In the prison town in "Cloudland," driving how many miles over the speed limit will give you a ticket?
7. In what state do you have to go north to be in the south, according to "Cloudland"?
8. What is a movie about that the narrator sees with friends in "Cloudland"?
(a) A long-married couple.
(c) Family vacation.
(d) Fantasy story.
9. At what temperature do the Blue Springs or Rainbow Springs remain all year around, according to "Cloudland"?
10. What does the narrator of "Moonbow" see when she goes outside?
(c) Mountain lion.
11. What crime does the narrator remember a man she dated was incarcerated for in "Cloudland"?
(c) Insider trading.
12. What does the narrator do at the end of "The Correct Grip"?
(a) Go to a movie.
(b) Have dinner with a friend.
(c) Walk her dog.
(d) Pack to move.
13. What type of berry does the narrator get from the college campus in "Cloudland"?
14. What does the bear damage at the end of "Moonbow"?
(a) Old toy.
(b) Pillar on the porch.
(c) Tire swing.
(d) Porch swing.
15. In "Cloudland," what did the narrator see a boy in a stroller eat in a grocery store?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Cloudland," on the day the narrator decides she needs boots, how many inches or rain fall in less than half a day?
2. What does the wife of the attacker suggest that she and the narrator do, in "The Correct Grip"?
3. In "The Correct Grip," what type of dog does the narrator's friend have?
4. What food will the narrator fix in "Cloudland" for her patients?
5. How many years in a row does the narrator of "Cloudland" remember running a ace in Central Park?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)