|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the dolls hang from in "Doll Tornado"?
(a) Dime store ceiling.
(b) Laundry room ceiling.
(c) Factory ceiling.
(d) Bedroom ceiling.
2. Where does the narrator of "Greed" find an apple core after she throws it it into pachysandra?
(a) Front steps.
(b) At the bottom of her front sidewalk.
(c) In her kitchen.
(d) Inside a screen door.
3. How often does the narrator of "A Full Service Shelter" clean cages?
(a) 2 afternoons a week.
(b) 2 nights a week.
(c) Every other day.
4. How does the carver attach the pelt to an orphan lamb?
5. In "The Chicane," how long ago did the narrator's aunt Lauryn accompany an actor on interviews?
(a) More than 30.
(b) About 20.
6. In "The Chicane," which showing of the film does the narrator go to?
(a) Second showing of the night.
(b) 5 p.m.
(c) First showing of the afternoon.
(d) 8 p.m.
7. Where do the narrator and Syd decide to ride out the storm in "I Stay with Syd"?
(a) Movie theatre.
(b) Pizza place.
(c) Boat house.
8. What has the theater run out of before Syd places an order in in "I Stay with Syd"?
(c) Dr. Pepper.
9. What is the preview to a movie that Syd and the narrator watch in "I Stay with Syd"?
(b) Action thriller.
(c) Sci-fi thriller.
10. In "Fort Bedd," where is the apartment?
(a) South side of the park.
(b) North side of the park.
(c) West side of the park.
(d) East side of the park.
11. How do the narrator of "A Full Service Shelter" and others close bite wounds or gashes they receive while caring for the dogs?
(a) Krazy Glue.
(b) They stitch each other up.
(c) They use rags.
(d) They use elastic bandages.
12. In "I Stay with Syd," how often does the narrator move to the house at the beach?
(a) One week a month.
(b) A couple days a month.
(c) Two weeks a month.
(d) Every other month.
13. In "The Chicane," Where was the narrator's Aunt Lauryn from?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) American midwest.
(d) American west.
14. What do the narrator and others put on the pillows of the death-row dogs in "A Full Service Shelter"?
(b) Steak bones.
(c) Dental chews.
(d) Pigs' ears.
15. What can the narrator of "I Stay with Syd" smell as she and Syd wait to go back inside the theater?
(d) Sewage plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does the narrator of "A Full Service Shelter" clean cages?
2. How many dogs did a vet tech kill by mistake because their six-digit ID numbers were one digit off in "A Full Service Shelter"?
3. In "I Stay with Syd," where did the married man invite the narrator?
4. What type of disinfectant does the narrator of "A Full Service Shelter" use to clean cages and walls?
5. Where does Mrs. Greed travel?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)