|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed are most of the death-row dogs in "A Full Service Shelter"?
(a) Pit bulls.
(d) German shepherds.
2. Where does the narrator want to get a tree in "Fort Bedd"?
(a) Home Depot.
(b) Garden center.
3. How often does the narrator of "A Full Service Shelter" clean cages?
(a) Every other day.
(b) 2 afternoons a week.
(c) 2 nights a week.
4. Where is the film shown that the narrator wants to see in "The Chicane"?
(a) Near the beach.
(b) In a church.
(c) The valley.
(d) On the mountainside.
5. What does the narrator think that she will need to get through, in "Fort Bedd"?
6. Where does Mrs. Greed travel?
(a) The West Coast.
(b) The East Coast.
(c) The world.
(d) Around the U.S.
7. What is Evelyne's occupation?
8. In what position are the curtains in the apartment in "Fort Bedd"?
(a) Stuffed up in the curtain rod.
(b) Half open.
(d) Tied back.
9. In "The Chicane," What type of dog did Macario bring Lauryn after they married?
(a) Mostly poodle.
(b) Black lab.
(c) Mostly German shepherd.
(d) Chihuahua mix.
10. What does the narrator of "Fort Bedd" do sometimes when the man is asleep?
(b) Fix dinner.
(c) Open the curtains.
(d) Do the laundry.
11. What does the narrator of "Fort Bedd" think she can learn to do from trees?
(a) Take root.
(b) Learn to be still.
(c) Rest and be strong.
(d) Branch out and learn.
12. How many police cars show up when Syd, the narrator, and others have to leave the theater, in "I Stay with Syd"?
13. In "I Stay with Syd," where did the married man invite the narrator?
14. Where is the animal sheler in "A Full-Service Shelter"?
(a) Turtle Bay.
(b) Lenox Hill.
(c) Spanish Harlem.
(d) Central Harlem.
15. In "Fort Bedd," where is the apartment?
(a) West side of the park.
(b) South side of the park.
(c) North side of the park.
(d) East side of the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Four Calls in the Last Half Hour," at what percent could everyone be if those who have more would give a little?
2. Where does the narrator examine a collection of shells in "I Stay with Syd"?
3. In in "I Stay with Syd," when will the preview film be in theaters that Syd and the narrator see?
4. In "The Chicane," Where was the narrator's Aunt Lauryn studying when she accompanied an actor on interviews?
5. What name is no longer given to dogs at the shelter in "A Full Service Shelter"?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)